Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2023, 09:27 AM

Overcast Sunday 14th May

Good morning everyone

Hope you hear from the vet soon Chris.

As title says overcast today. Have done a bit of gardening and now cooking ginger biscuits then will put lunch in the oven. No Kazz painting not finished yet as I have to rub down the outside of the doors on the landing and paint them. Whilst at it will also do the inside of the bathroom door as that and the frame is all that needs painting in there. The carpet is down and looks lovely. Having to get motivated again

Take care everyone
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2023, 10:31 AM
Good morning Sue and all to follow,

Out in the garden myself enjoying and making most of this weather can always find a rainy day to do inside although I seem to choose to read instead LOL Moving towards sitting down at 2 for the radio garden phone in, but other than that nothing doing here.

Sue Motivation is one of those things sometimes you find it sometimes it swerves and you just miss it I find. What colour carpet did you go for? Not being on duty relax

Chris I hope you get some news from the vets over the coming week. My thoughts are with you all for the coming weeks.

Brenda How are you today? when I cut the grass will send a picture or two of the garden with the Acers in full colour and the lilac tree looking good this year as well. Hope you are enjoying the sunshine.

Griff Glad you got sorted with the gas pipes, maybe your neighbour did not notice her path was already chipped when something similar happened at my brothers he was told they take photo's of any damaged slabs etc before they lift just in case of confusion. So could be they have already taken photo's.

Lynn Hope you are having a successful car hunt, did you lad manage to get another job or is he still hunting.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2023, 11:05 AM
Afternoon all
We have sun and it's hot... it's lovely out!!
Kazz, the mother said the slab was chipped, the daughter disagreed or they just decided to tell the gas company the slab was damaged and get it replaced for free. I advised taking photos before the works but they didn't bother.....if they had the photo would have showed if it was chipped or not . I haven't even bothered looking at my garden, it had to be done, it's done and if I need to replant, reseed the lawn etc I will do it. It's something they do continually, every workman they have, there's a problem and they never have workmen returning, she has just asked me if I know any painters and decorators as they want the front wall painting, I just said I don't know anyone except my mate round the corner but apparently he is too expensive!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2023, 12:21 PM
Good afternoon all

Dull, cold and overcast here this morning, although not as cold as it has been. Sod's Law, now we are back home the sun has come out

Really tired today so a snooze might be on the cards this afternoon
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-05-2023, 01:32 PM
Afternoon Sue, Kazz, griff, Chris and all to follow.
We have lovely sunshine so washing is out, sausage rolls made, dusting done just need to hoover when the battery is charged on the hoover.
Gorden is putting up the brackets for the awning ready for the hot sunny days to help shade the living room.
Car hunts are doing our heads in.
We find one all looks good read the mot history and no good or looks like it would have more towing capacity and when Gorden checks it's either the same as the Vauxhall or less.
Or just too far away.
I am sure the right car is out there we just have to keep looking.

Sue I am finding it hard to motivate myself too.
The pots really need sorting but just can't seem to get into the mood, I have though swept the patio.
griff sounds like you have a mammoth job on your hands.
Kazz the garden is sounding lovely.
Michael is concentrating on his final wine exam in 2 weeks, he is able to claim unemployment benefit to tide him over as he pays taxes to the Spanish government and has worked since being there must be 5 years this year.
He is looking into being a wine tour guide (seasonal) as a lot of Americans visit and of course he speaks English and Spanish so an excellent position to be in. He says he has a plan for the Winter months but it is not giving that away yet or he could possibly teach again during the Winter.
He seems to have everything under control but will be grounded from travelling as much as he likes as he does not want to dip into his savings if possible.
Typical Chris with the weather. Fingers crossed you have some news from the vet in the week, and it is all good.