Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2023, 10:16 AM

Daily thread 9 may 2023

Morning all
It's dry at the moment so trying to find my motivation to get moving.... it's not going well
Was rudely awoken by an argument between a bus driver and car driver this morning, went to the door as I thought it was friend of ours.... luckily for the car driver it wasn't as our friend is a black belt in karate lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2023, 10:31 AM
Morning griff and all to follow.
Dry here and the sun is in and out. Trying to get the washing dry from our break away.
The insignia was very good at towing the caravan.
We had a great time at the Bernese garden party despite the dreadful weather up until Sunday when the event actually took place.
We have now confirmed we will be bringing a new boy Bernese home on the 2nd July after returning from our week away with Mark, Lauren and Freya.
Breeder has agreed to hold him for an extra few days for us.

I have had a quick glance through the posts from last week, earlier today. We had no internet access till yesterday when we got home.

I hope everyone is keeping well.
Chris I was so sorry to read about you losing your brother.
I hope your SIL is recovering from her illness.
How is Rosie I know you were concerned about her before we went away.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2023, 10:34 AM
2nd July Whoop whoop have you met him yet?
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2023, 11:17 AM
Good afternoon everyone

Sorry to read abut your brother Chris and do hope your sister in law recovers well.

Whoopie indeed Lyn about your new puppy Good that you enjoyed your time away but a pity about the weather.

Try and get a rest today Kelly

Busy day yesterday but I achieved all I set out todo. On duty today so everything back to normal in that respect. The girls seemed ok this morning and not too upset that mum has gone home. Having new carpet fitted in the lounge and conservatory today so waiting for the fitters to turn up, hopefully before I have to leave for the afternoon run. The water butt behind the greenhouse collapse overnight knocking over the small plastic shed. Barry has repaired the stand for the butt but so far we have not looked at how damaged the shed is. No matter it was virtually empty since I decided not to grow veg so have thrown a lot of stuff out already.

Take care everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2023, 12:44 PM
Not met him yet Kazz. Breeder and it seems a lot these days do not like visitors till 5 weeks old.

Still busy Sue. What a nuisance about the shed, good job it was more or less empty.
Glad the girls aren't to upset mum has gone home.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2023, 05:00 PM
Evening all
Sue, glad the girls seem ok and sorry about the shed
Lynn, oooooo congratulations!! Having dealt with a baby recently you will be o.k, puppy came as a shock after 9 years to me lol
They are replacing the gas pipes, it was fine until we all found out that actually, they are replacing the pipes into the property, fitting new taps onto the gas supply and then need to check all of your appliances, I have to try and clean all the stuff out from under the stairs and find somewhere to put it. My neighbour wasn't happy as the workman was going through the house in dirty boots, she asked him to remove them but his trousers were filthy at the bottom and he dragged mud through and more importantly she asked if he had a mask.....no! He seemed taken aback so she explained she had just finished chemotherapy and had to get him a mask
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-05-2023, 06:44 PM
That is bad griff that the workman had to be asked to remove his boots and had no mask.
Covid is still out there a different variant now.

We haven't done puppies for 11.5 years and seeing all those cheeky pups pulling their owners about Sunday made me think, can we do this in our 60's.
We can we decided there's still life in the old dogs yet.

Good luck with the cupboard cleaning.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2023, 09:38 PM
You have chased round after a newborn and toddler Lynn, a puppy will be o.k. Just put your boundaries in place from the off and you will be fine. Kota was nearly the death of me, I was so close to ending my life as she was soooooo full on and I was having chemotherapy, basically, the dogs a genius and needed someone better than me! She is loved, looked after and I do the best I can by her but she needed a job, a purpose! I wouldn't be without her now but the first few months I had her were a nightmare, I often think she's autistic... don't know if dogs can have that but her food bowl has to be in a certain position, she has to have a walk at set times and she literally can't cope with changes to her life or routine
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2023, 10:01 PM
Sounds like a good breeder Lynn 5 weeks is a nice age an old chap I knew who did Staffies all his life said the first day you can see what they will be then it all grows all over then 5 weeks you can see then they grow all over.

How many pus in the litter and how was the split. Do you think he will simply match you with the pup he thinks suits you or is there a list in place first second etc etc etc picks