Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2017, 06:43 AM

Daily Thread Saturday 15th April

Good morning everyone

Cariad certainly knows where her place is now June and loving it.

Hope you managed to get a little more sleep Griff.

Good morning to anyone I have missed.

Lovely day here but a bit chilly. Managed to get room cleared, skirting boards and door frame sanded and everywhere washed down and a coat of varnish on the wood. Today is the first coat of emulsion and if time a second one. If we can get two coats done today it will mean hopefully we can finished it all tomorrow. Also walked into Brighton and picked up laptop, which is behaving at the moment (but I say that quietly)

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2017, 07:01 AM
Good morning all,

Griff, hope your ankle is better this morning and you are feeling ok too. I hope you hear from Steve about the money he owes you. I am pretty sure that Eileen said she had heard that Duncan the Donut as she called him, had settled well in a new home, so some good came of her efforts to save him from the pound and possible demise.

Computer came on no problem this morning, wish I knew exactly what is wrong with the on/off switch. I am not going to worry about it too much. I do have a brand new unused laptop I bought years ago to fall back on. Probably needs updating and charging up!

Lynn it is very sad the way the kestrels and sparrowhawks hunt the smaller birds. But unfortunately it is nature's way.
Glad kitchen is more or less done and just the new bathroom to be finished off. Hope Dillon enjoyed his cuddle and is doing well.

June, hope Cariad is good this morning and the other girls too, hope you get your Hemp Oil.

Mandy, Sue, Barry, Harvey and all friends of the thread, hope you are all ok.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-04-2017, 07:14 AM
I wish all well.
Lovely day here. The only vexing decision is where to walk.
We'll have to work in a supermarket visit and F1 qualifying.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-04-2017, 09:23 AM
No rain today, hurrah was nice earlier on but has now decided to cloud over. In total agony at present, all the clear outs I have been doing, and I suspect the lifting of the file cabinet several times in and out of the car to the tip has really set my back off. Hot water bottle on back last night helped but have decided to try the hemp oil myself as painkillers and the gel have taken the edge off but not much else. Put it in my breakfast as not sure about the taste.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-04-2017, 09:23 AM
Morning Sue, Moyra, besoeker and all who follow.

Very windy dry and bright here today walked Dillon. Our garden today seems very quiet today on the bird front probably had their confidence knocked. Debating whether to clean feeders and feed them to be honest or is that making them sitting ducks ?
Can start feeding them again as the rat problem has demised and I only put a little out at a time then we get a naughty hawk problem.
I know it happens just never seen it before so close and in my own back yard.
Dillon loved his cuddle thanks Moyra.
June hope Cariad isn't running to many rings round you although in the circumstances it's allowable.
griff hope the ankle is better and you have managed a nap.
Sue good luck with the decorating and lap top.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends are also.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2017, 11:26 AM
oh god, i forgot about the effect chippy tea has on me...i am in so much pain, i really must try to remember not to eat it again Lol
Hope everyone has a lovely day! i am so proud of kota, she is being such a good girl with my brother
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2017, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
No rain today, hurrah was nice earlier on but has now decided to cloud over. In total agony at present, all the clear outs I have been doing, and I suspect the lifting of the file cabinet several times in and out of the car to the tip has really set my back off. Hot water bottle on back last night helped but have decided to try the hemp oil myself as painkillers and the gel have taken the edge off but not much else. Put it in my breakfast as not sure about the taste.
Hey Juney ... so soz to hear this. Wish i could hit the m6 and come and help you ... sending big hugs xx
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2017, 12:33 PM
Hello all,
Been in town for a wander & to see mum in law
Also needed to get Rosie some more treats, the tin is empty - I'll be in bother lol
Griff, Lauryn does stuff like that has custard ect and then remembers why she can't eat it lol well done Kota for being a good girl
TW hope your back eases, maybe a nice soak in bath will help
Lynn I'm sure the birds will be back, if you were feeding before I'd put a bit out. I wouldn't like to see it even though it does happen & we know it
Moyra glad the computer turned on for you,

I'm off to work later before I break up for a week. Roll on 8pm
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-04-2017, 01:53 PM
I have a soak every night in epsom salts, Mandy. If there had been any other way of getting shut of the bluddy filing cabinet I would have done it, as it was I knew the risk, and decided to go for it.
We wouldn't have been out much anyway this weekend, weather and a Bank Holiday adding up to Duvet Days. Girls have had a walk round and play with the ball, took Kesh and Zen onto the little park for a play and the other 3 over onto the green at the back of the bungalows and along the river bank. A couple have started making a garden along there, a swing is up tied to the branches of the trees, a tree house, a bench, plants in and barked over and the undergrowth tidied. Its not over tidy, but just nice. Bird boxes up, feeders and Take Poo Home signs. Which is needed, I pick up, but even in the little park people don't.
Girls have had a tidy up, most of the shedding done now thank goodness. Yard and kennels didn't need much, I had a really good do there last night, and this morning. Cariad made it clear she wanted to come in, but nice day and tomorrow it won't be, so she is still out, pulling her face and sulking
Could you feed the birds under some trees, Lynn. That way they won't be such a target.
Given myself another dose of the hemp oil, strange taste and don't think I could have it 'raw'. I've had bacon,cheese and tomato butties and put a drop on there.
Griff, is there anything you can take, is it the fat in the fish and chips thats got you. Everything has a price tag doesn't it
Washer is on, sun is in and out, black clouds, but no rain as yet
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2017, 02:00 PM
Yes TW...i just had chips, I forgot I got bad before but I bloody remember now lol....had some of the Medicine the Dr gave me so should settle in a few days...hopefully
Sorry your backs bad but I know what you mean about needing to do stuff...i get like that too.
Mandy, hope work flies by and you get nice weather for your holidays
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >