Our sister sites
Our sister sites
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2017, 01:55 PM

Calling all Shar Pei owners!

Hi!

Just wondering if anyone can give some advice.

We lost our greyhound, Phillip last year and have been lost without a dog in our lives.

I have spent the last week trawling the Internet, trying to learn everything i can about Shar Pei's. A friend of a friend is moving abroad and has a Shar Pei girly that needs a home. She is 9 years old and i am off to meet her on Monday. I have never met a Shar Pei before and was wondering if anyone had any advice of what to expect. I very much want things to go well and would love her to live here with us

It feels like the start of a new adventure after a year of sadness and we feel very ready for 4 paws to be back in our lives
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2017, 02:59 PM
My experience of them is my daughter had a boyfriend with one and it was a lovely dog and got on well with her own GSD. Apart from that I have met up with some when walking and they have all appeared very ok. They of course are inheritantly fighting dogs or should I say guardians of the Chinese temples. Many, many years ago some friends took out a loan with Barclays Bank to import the first ones into Britain, I think the loan was for about £5000 at that time and Barclays made an advert of it. Lovely dogs. Not sure their life span is great though, you need some research on them.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2017, 03:06 PM
Thanks Moyra.

Lifespan appears to be 10-12 according to most sites and we are very aware that may mean she is not with us long, But i want to ensure that her last years or months are spent spoilt and happy. We'll risk the early heartbreak for her <3

I feel we are quite inexperienced dog wise, which seems silly having owned greyhounds for 9yrs, but Greys are such an easy breed in our experience!

I'm really nervous about meeting her, i'm already head over heels and we haven't even met yet!