Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2014, 09:02 PM

Nigredo and the bog

Gosh I have never seen a dog have such a love for disgusting grime in my life! He had a great time, of course.

Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-03-2014, 10:46 PM
Yuk dirty paws Nigredo I bet it was fun though..
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2014, 09:52 AM
Dirty PAWS?? More like dirty entire body! Smelly, too. Stagnant water is just muck. He had lots of fun.

I could easily put him on his leash so he cannot go into the muck... but GAW it's hard to deny him his most favorite thing
Apache
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-03-2014, 10:24 AM
Great pics of Nigredo, I trust there are no gators nearby?
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2014, 10:32 AM
Thank you Apache

Gators? Oh, gosh no. I have never heard of gators in this area! The area is quite boggy and mushy, but I have lived here all my life and have never heard of or seen any gators here.

In the entire state for over 30 years, there have been about 10 cases of gator attacks on people with no fatalities. That is a public park and even though the outer areas are full of marsh, there are no gators there.

How scary would that be??!?!
Apache
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-03-2014, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Thank you Apache

Gators? Oh, gosh no. I have never heard of gators in this area! The area is quite boggy and mushy, but I have lived here all my life and have never heard of or seen any gators here.

In the entire state for over 30 years, there have been about 10 cases of gator attacks on people with no fatalities. That is a public park and even though the outer areas are full of marsh, there are no gators there.

How scary would that be??!?!
Very scary, I am a frequent visitor to Florida and if I was in an area similar to that in your pics I would be very watchful. Never been to Georgia other than plane swaps in Atlanta. Just assumed you would have gators too, as it is still subtropical and you do have the okefenokee swamp !
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2014, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Very scary, I am a frequent visitor to Florida and if I was in an area similar to that in your pics I would be very watchful. Never been to Georgia other than plane swaps in Atlanta. Just assumed you would have gators too, as it is still subtropical and you do have the okefenokee swamp !
Yes. There ARE gators here in GA, you're right! But they are not in public parks, and I have never seen one. I checked online and there have been no reported alligator sightings in my area at all ever by anybody.

Apparently we live in north GA and the winters are not warm enough for the gators to stick around here. In all of Atlanta, there have been VERY FEW gator sightings... and the ones that have been spotted were said to be dumped.

We are safe here, but you do rise a very good point... of course. The Okefenokee is very south and that is the only place gators can really thrive.

Thankfully we do not have them up here. I assume if we did... one would eat my puppy
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

02-03-2014, 10:57 PM
Oh I bet he had a great time there - and bet you had an even better time cleaning him

Great photos xx