Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 07:08 PM

Bandit, Chihuahua on 'Dog Whisperer'

Just wondered if anyone watched the above?
Fluffypup
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Yes, watched this one a while ago and I remember thinking what a gorgeous looking dog and such a great name. Naughty little thing though.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Fluffypup View Post
Yes, watched this one a while ago and I remember thinking what a gorgeous looking dog and such a great name. Naughty little thing though.
He certainly is! It was repeated tonight.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 08:13 PM
I have. He was an evil little sh!t but what the blinkin' eck was the owner thinking... Allowing him to attack her son?! Would be a totally different story and in the news if it was a big breed.
Mouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Doh, missed that one. Had my first taste of a nasty Chihuahua the other day - bl**dy hell! Never seen anything like it. Interested in seeing if Bandit was like this one.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2009, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
Doh, missed that one. Had my first taste of a nasty Chihuahua the other day - bl**dy hell! Never seen anything like it. Interested in seeing if Bandit was like this one.
It may be reapeated again? There was another one they showed, a clip of, he was even worse than Bandit
sbt4eva
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Seen both the episodes,was gobsmacked the owner found it funny.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 08:12 AM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
It may be reapeated again? There was another one they showed, a clip of, he was even worse than Bandit
Was that Nou Nou ? Made Bandit look like a pussy cat ??
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 08:38 AM
I saw a Chi on "Its me of the dog" once and I was shocked at how the little monster was ruling the house. It just amazes me that the owners appear afraid of these dogs. I think the mistake some people make is thinking Chis are babies (yes I treat mine like my babies in some ways). There has to be boundaries for any dog (just as there does for children) and I believe that a dog that hasn't been taught boundaries (whatever its size) is a problem waiting to erupt.

I have so many people (even my Vet) who comment to me that they are amazed that my Chis aren't at all snappy (even when I've taken my girls with their litters to the Vets, they are wary and watching the Vets every move but not shown a miniscule of aggression) so there must be an awful lot of "snappers" out there.

I'm not saying I trust all my Chis 100% to never snap (there are a couple that are a little nervous around strangers) but I think it would take a hell of a lot to make any of them snap at human or dog.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2009, 08:50 AM
Chi's are much maligned dogs IMO. Just because they are tiny, does not mean they cannot bite and inflict serious damage just like any dog. I was absolutely appalled by Bandit's owner. The attitude towards her son was mind boggling ! As much as I adore dogs, if ANY dog even looked as if it might bite my daughter, there would be Big Trouble. What was the woman thinking of ! And if I recall the programme correctly, CM got quite annoyed with her because of her negativity.

It is hard to imagine how anyone could be scared of chihuahua's ... until you saw Nou Nou in action ! He was teeth on legs!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >