View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2018, 10:52 AM
Glad you got the lens sorted Barry sorry about the meal doesn't sound ideal at all.
Hope you had plenty of indigestion tablets on you.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2018, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
As for the lunch yesterday can't say I was very impressed, to say the least. had to park the car on a muddy kerb off the road- the table booking had not allocated- told we only had 1 hour to have it in yet waited for 20 minutes for the meal to arrive on the table. To cap it all told the table was booked so didn't have time for a coffee.
I'm afraid I would have walked out. There are plenty of places crying out for business these days. Going out for a meal, even our breakfast which we have every day, is social for me and if I don't feel comfortable then what's the point?

We had it once at a pub/restaurant in a nearby village. We finished the meal, 7 of us as a bit of a family get together, and felt pressured to leave the table before we finished coffee. I had a word with the waitress and we were left to it after that. This a a pub with no other room to retreat to so to try to usher diners out as soon as the last spoonful is taken is, in my opinion, diabolical. We've never been back to that particular place. There are plenty of others
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2018, 06:19 PM
No Moyra today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2018, 06:25 PM
Mad dash to the Dr today, water infection... again
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2018, 07:03 PM
Oh no griff.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2018, 07:57 PM
They gave me antibiotics and I told them the consultant wants my samples sent to the hospital.. it's so they can check how many infections I am getting and they can have a chat with urology who can look at my history, the receptionist asked the Dr if it was o.k to send off and he queried who I was and my age...my consultant takes care of me with gp's in supporting roles so if he says it's to be done...that's it, I think I am going to find it hard when my GP retires fully
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2018, 08:26 PM
It's good that your consultant looks after you many don't. Hoping the ab's clear it up quickly and they can get to the bottom of it.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2018, 08:40 PM
Thanks Lynn, at least it's only 2 tablets a day...I usually have 4 at a lower dose. I think I will be lost if my consultant moves on, I get on really well with him he knows that I won't do everything I am supposed to, I like to keep him on his toes!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2018, 08:46 PM
Always good to keep them on their toes. I guess it makes their job more interesting.
I have emailed Moyra as we haven't seen her about today.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-12-2018, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
or to have his blood pressure taken, so I need to ask GP to do that when he sees him next time.

Flippin heck Sal you shouldn't be having to ask the Doctor to do anything relating to a third party. Where would that scenario end ? with you going down to the Docs on behalf of your neighbours

Buy one of those blood pressure monitor thingy's they are about £20 then he can take his own blood pressure

Most GP's are experienced in human behaviour so I think you can safely assume everything that was said about you will just be ignored They shouldn't have to listen to all that stuff anyway, it's not like they have loads of time, population explosion means more people than doctors which in turn means less time for each patient.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but people really have to help themselves, and before seeing a Doctor they should make a list and get it all ticked off in the minimum time possible. GP's are not psycho analysts or agony aunts. They just want to know what's wrong and apply the best medical solution.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >