Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2018, 08:46 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 23 November, 2018

Good morning everyone. I hope you and your four legged friends are all in fine fettle. I hope the puppies are doing well too.

Not so cold out there this morning, however, wrap up warm and dry and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2018, 10:05 AM
Morning all

Cloudy, damp and cold this morning.

I am dealing with awkward people again this morning, husband and eldest son, I swear they have a conspiracy against me sometimes. Luke has refused to take me shopping even though he was going to exactly the same place. And I mentioned to husband that Tom had asked me to go with him xmas shopping next week on his day off, this is a big deal for Tom as he doesn't do people or go out much, the response from O/H was you're not using my car He's done this before and Tom and I ended up walking down a dark country lane, nearly getting run over in the process, after a visit to the dentist, that would have taken 2 hours max if I'd had the car instead it took us 5 hours because public transport here is rubbish. I cancelled the insurance DD that comes out of my bank that I pay for, if he refuses to let me use the car I will cancel it again and this time it will stay cancelled.

After having a row with husband about access to the car luke backed down and offered to take me shopping, told him to do one politely, so Lizzie will take me tomorrow now.

I'm not really talking to either husband or Luke and just doing my own thing this morning.
Husband complaining he don't feel very well, told him to book a GP appointment, i'm not interested.

Lizzie has her friend coming over tonight so need to whizz through the house later on this afternoon.

So it looks like its going to be one of those days after the start I've had this morning!

Have a good day all
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2018, 10:46 AM
Morning all...I am freezing
Awww Sal, stick to your guns! Do you have any friends locally who could take you and Tom? I must say, you have the patience of a saint!!!
Need to pop out for a loaf later...I will be putting my parka on
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2018, 11:10 AM
Good morning Moyra, Sal, Griff and ll who follow

You certainly know how to do excitement Griff. Hope Kota's ears and now better

Oh dear Sal not a good start to your day. Hope you manage to go shopping and your day improves a little

Dull here this morning but not as cold as the last couple of days. Have pruned my 2 apple trees as I am trying to keep the height down. The idiots who planted them didn't think about getting up to pick the fruit would have been so much better to plant dwarf ones.

Hope al two and four legged are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2018, 11:28 AM
Lol...I know Sue, my excitement knows no bounds!! If it weren't for the fact I have one slice of bread left I wouldn't be having any excitement lol
My aunty has a apple tree and her husband made a thing for getting the high up apples down, I think you can buy them but they aren't great
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-11-2018, 12:02 PM
Morning Moyra, Sal,griff, Sue and all who follow.

Yes it is a tad chilly out in fact I think it's colder now than earlier around 9. Had a lovely walk round the park Dillon did some throwing himself on the ground and rollin in the leaves, then some zooming about and then laid down while a noisy of 2 flatcoats and a Lab all run over to say hello.
Stopped and had a chat with the two ladies to nice to meet people in a lovely environment.
Saw about 30 swans flying over the park.

Meters being changed on 10th December can ring next week to see if any cancellations.

Took Joel back to Essex last night he has interview this morning so we hope he goes.
Took me ages to get back due to loads of roads being closed due to road works and mrs sat nav leading me all over the place. Did google maps in the end on the phone took me all over tiny single track roads and an hour just over journey took me 2 hours or more in the pitch black.
Still got home safe.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2018, 01:12 PM
Best of luck to Joel today, really hope he attends the interview.
Lol at Dillon rolling in the leaves
Just walked to get a loaf and now back home...that's my excitement for the day!
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2018, 02:05 PM
Well my day has just got better after having a blazing argument with husband, Lizzie has just rung me and I've been invited to the works Christmas party tomorrow night
A night out on my own will be just what I need

Hope Joel has been for his interview, sat navs are just great arn't they
glad you enjoyed your walk with Dillon
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2018, 02:28 PM
Sal, good for you!! Go and party and really enjoy yourself.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2018, 10:07 PM
Been quiet on here this afternoon, hope you are all ok. Sal sounds like you need some inner strength. Be strong! I'm off to bed. Goodnight all.