View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-12-2015, 05:29 PM
Well as I have an auto immune condition I'm only too aware food can interfere with prescription medicine and alter how it works. Whatever I eat has to be investigated for safety.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

04-12-2015, 05:31 PM
You probably have already, but you might want to look into 'gut permeability' - which has been linked to several auto-immune conditions.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-12-2015, 05:43 PM
I can see how it would affect the likes of Coeliac patients but I have a blood clotting disorder, so I doubt I have a leaky gut and don't have the symptoms of leaky gut.
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-12-2015, 09:23 PM
I love fruit too and it's a great snack for kids compared to all the junk out there.
I feel I eat a partially unhealthy breakfast but I need that fuel for the day, it's the most important meal after all. Eggs (with diced pork chop, bratwurst or ham) & potatoes with cheese. Bacon & sausage on the side. Sometimes I will have a biscuit on the side and sometimes I substitute rice with butter & brown sugar for potatoes.

I do not like soda or sweet tea. I've seen people who seem practically addicted to these. I drink water mostly. I do like fruit juice or making smoothies.

I try to eat healthy. I'm not obsessed with it though so I do delve into unhealthy foods too. Some regular foods I eat snack foods mango, orange, avocado, tostones, cheese sticks, yogurt, rice crisps, popcorn...

For lunch I usually have soup or a salad.

Meats porkchops, chicken breast, salmon, shrimp, hamburger, steak, bratwurst (OK really unhealthy but the spicy ones are delicious). I eat various veggies on the side.
solo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-12-2015, 08:49 AM
Stir Frys are a safe tasty meal as you can adapt them to suit your dietary needs

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_me...s_with_chicken

Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2015, 06:01 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
I eat it because I like it and have been doing so my entire life, I will not take it easy, I do not have a problem with sugar and never have had. What our ancestors ate would be rotten by now lol. My blood sugar levels are excellent, I do not drink pop ever. I do not follow anything slavishly food should also be about enjoyment, it's not just fuel. I do pretty much follow Paleo as it controls my weight well and it's the kind of food I would eat from choice so it's easy to stick to but if I fancy a curry I will have a curry or anything else for that matter. Like everything there is a load of tosh talked about food these days just because some people eat like idiots.
Paleo? Never heard of it! The food police make me squirm.. Have a man who trades alongside me and is the kindest of folk and so helpful But he is of field marshal rank in the self appointed food police! Kind stallholder last year made me a waffle loaded with cream, nutella and strawberries and yer man glares at it like something the proverbial cat dragged in and yells, FAT AND SUGAR! Almost did it again this year but I glared him down...IT WAS DELICIOUS! We all need treats,,He is obsessed with food ideas and food.. I have M.E and so many food sensitivities and need sugar as levels with this are wildly erratic. I eat what I can when I can; raw fruit etc are out and so many mouth ulcers too. I enjoy my limited food..... never eat curry ir takeaways etc.... great on soup, home made,,,, lots of cake!each is different and the food police lot seem miserable killjoys! It becomes a fanatical religion to some! Ah well! Off to make my simple breakfast.. white toasted bap, real butter and marmalade with yet more strong coffee... set me up for the day that does! I do not have a weight problem either and yes as someone has said, the next food fad will counter the current ones. Most of us have far more to work at than food fads!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2015, 06:04 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
I would actually exercise caution with fruit - the fruit today is very different (much sweeter) to what our ancestors would have eaten.

Although of course it's a massive improvement of processed sugary stuff - like pop and candy
Nothing wrong with pop and candy in moderation....I keep chocolate handy as it will ease a blood sugar dip and also carry pop..raw fruit is out for me. given up on meat too.. but I am well over 70 and things close down naturally..
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-12-2015, 04:44 PM
My favourite things recently are homemade soup. I joined weight watchers online and two of their soups that are 0 points were carrot and coriander and a chinese style veg soup (made with a ready to cook stir fry veg box from most supermarkets).
I did a few changes to the veg soup, adding in some tofu (I don't eat meat) and will try with some rice noodles next time (tea tonight maybe?). But so far I'm addicted. It's a nice 'treat' meal that I can have whenever I can be bothered to make it without feeling guilty. And since my local chinese takeaway don't do any veggie soups (all contain some meat) it's something I miss.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2015, 02:04 AM
Originally Posted by SarahJade View Post
My favourite things recently are homemade soup. I joined weight watchers online and two of their soups that are 0 points were carrot and coriander and a chinese style veg soup (made with a ready to cook stir fry veg box from most supermarkets).
I did a few changes to the veg soup, adding in some tofu (I don't eat meat) and will try with some rice noodles next time (tea tonight maybe?). But so far I'm addicted. It's a nice 'treat' meal that I can have whenever I can be bothered to make it without feeling guilty. And since my local chinese takeaway don't do any veggie soups (all contain some meat) it's something I miss.
Soup is grand and I keep mine very simple as I cannot take spices etc. Sweet potato makes great soup and apple adds a freshness. A slice of cheese at the bottom of the bowl is good too.... In Austria they like to add an egg at serving. No weight problem here unless not being able to gain is one!
DogBone30
New Member!
Male 

16-12-2016, 12:49 AM
Try slicing sweet potatoes, drizzling olive oil and salt over them, and baking them for 1 hour - delic!
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >