Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-03-2015, 07:23 PM

Bad cooking instructions

Had first go at doing some packet noodles. No wonder us men get confused as the instructions are obviouly made by a woman.
For example at the end of the instructions it says " leave for 1 minute and serve straight away"

How stupid is that. You either leave or serve.

No wonder us men don't do the cooking as it is only women can decipher the real instructions.

Same as some receipies say add gravy, no mention of how to make it or add stock.What on earth is stock?

Most men stay out of the kitchen for very good reasons. The little women just can't resist saying you should use this or I do it that way. Because you are trying to learn, never had cookery lessons of any kind, you are bound to make mistakes or use the wrong tools.

i have to add straight away Sue is an excellent cook before I land in deep water, not boiling though

Anyone who writes a walkthrough book giving PRECISE details on how to will make a fortune. This should include the above not just say add this or that
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-03-2015, 08:04 PM
Tumbleweed, I feel your pain...however the last time I checked I was still female and I can't cook to save my life. Simple stuff maybe and I can bake from seeing my Mum do it while I was growing up. But following recipes is tough. Especially when the ingredients take up two pages and the preparation another three. Yehoots, hard to believe some people tackle such creations for "fun".
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2015, 03:28 AM
I'm with lovemybull. I cannot cook for crap. I mean, not for living crap. I'm female, as well. My brother cooks far better than I do, and most master chefs are restaurants here are male. It seems we're not even better at cooking, despite the jokes that we should "stay in the kitchen".
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-03-2015, 11:19 PM
I'm lucky, my hubby and son, daughter too all cook effortlessly. They cook and I clean up...works dandy for us.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2015, 05:14 AM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Had first go at doing some packet noodles. No wonder us men get confused as the instructions are obviouly made by a woman.
For example at the end of the instructions it says " leave for 1 minute and serve straight away"

How stupid is that. You either leave or serve.

No wonder us men don't do the cooking as it is only women can decipher the real instructions.

Same as some receipies say add gravy, no mention of how to make it or add stock.What on earth is stock?

Most men stay out of the kitchen for very good reasons. The little women just can't resist saying you should use this or I do it that way. Because you are trying to learn, never had cookery lessons of any kind, you are bound to make mistakes or use the wrong tools.

i have to add straight away Sue is an excellent cook before I land in deep water, not boiling though

Anyone who writes a walkthrough book giving PRECISE details on how to will make a fortune. This should include the above not just say add this or that
simple. leave for one minute THEN serve immediately.. but then I have always been an instinctive cook..
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2015, 09:04 AM
Geez Tumbleweed,how thick can you be?
"Leave for one minute,then serve straight away"....it's hardly rocket science What that means is,you let the noodles rest for one minute,in the meantime you go play tennis
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2015, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Geez Tumbleweed,how thick can you be?
"Leave for one minute,then serve straight away"....it's hardly rocket science What that means is,you let the noodles rest for one minute,in the meantime you go play tennis
ah well...