View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-01-2015, 10:15 AM
Although I can find marmalade over here its expensive and not very nice, so I make my own, not only orange marmalade but lemon, grapefruit and three fruit as well.

I have toast and marmalade for breakfast most mornings and always have to give some to the two G's because it's one of their favourite treats, so much so that I've occasionally used it for training!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-01-2015, 10:53 AM
Hi Barbara can you readily get Seville oranges over there ? They have got really expensive here.

I am about to make batch number 3 tomorrow, number 1 wasn't great but the new method I tried with number 2 seems foolproof ( I liquidised the pips and pith after soaking them to get the maximum amount of pectin from them).

I make Marmalade for the whole family, the little ones love it and although it is high sugar it is ok if they just a have a scrape

Most 'shop marmalade' is too sweet for me, I like it really tangy.
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-01-2015, 02:45 PM
Meg .... I haven't been able to find seville oranges over here, so I buy the smaller thinner skinned oranges instead. They don't make such a nice flavoured marmalade as the seville oranges do, but even so it tastes better than bought. I usually add the juice and finely grated rind of two lemons which gives the marmalade a slightly tart flavour.

I like your idea with the pith and pips though and will remember for the next time.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2