Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2017, 06:34 AM

Daily Thread, Friday, 13th January

Good morning everyone, up early to prepare for the hospital appointment. Just hope I can get a taxi to get me there by 8am.

Lovely pics of the pups June. A very Happy Birthday to Lauren. Don't kids grow up so quickly these days.

Hope all our poorlies are feeling much better today.

Hope you all have a good day, must go and shower now and get ready for hospital.

Take care everyone stay warm and dry and above all, safe and well, God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2017, 08:04 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Hope he taxi arrives on time and all tests go well for you.

What a lovely cake Mandy. Happy 18th birthday to Lauryn. Dont know how Tony is managing the garden as mine is still too wet but then it is clay

Aren't those puppies gorgeous. Hope a new good home is found quickly but as said better now than later.

Hope everyone is now nearly recovered from the lurgy.

Had a lie in this morning as son is working from home. Washing in machine but it will have to be tumbled as too cold to hang out. We had sleet last night but mainly torrential rain during the afternoon.

Have a good day and stay safe and warm.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-01-2017, 08:37 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all who follow.

Good luck with tests today Moyra and the taxi.
Happy birthday Lauren what a lovely cake.
Beautiful puppies June. Sure the one that has to find a new home will not take long.

Snowing in Upwell slowing down now but very cold and windy may let Mark go early and not do the papering today if he is adamant about driving to Essex. I know Harlow has snow yesterday not sure what it's like today. If any problems it will be between us and Hoddesdon/Harlow way.

The car the garage chaps sourced for us they contacted Gorden yesterday and in their opinion it needed to much work and the roof didn't work. They are still looking but Gorden has sourced a few we will look at tomorrow as the hire car has to be returned.

Hope everyone is feeling better and all our four legged friends are well to.
Stay safe and warm.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2017, 09:14 AM
Got frozen waiting for the taxi at the hospital and it has just started to snow again.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-01-2017, 10:18 AM
Snowing last night, hardly any left this morning. Was hoping you got to the hospital Moyra as the South seems to have copped for it, although my friend in Oldham says they've had heavy snow, meaning LG will be digging his way out. Not above freezing yet, have put the girls heat lamps on low and left them on till later.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2017, 10:24 AM
Still snowing here but not hard. Ought to put my car battery on charge just in case I need her.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2017, 10:32 AM
Morning all,
Hope you've thawed out by now Moyra
Liam hasn't rung this morning which means for now he's still coming tonight, it's snowed here but not loads, it's sunny but cold & windy. Rosie has dashed out & back in
We have got to pop out into town but don't know when yet
Lauryn gone to college, she was so happy this morning
Loves her cake, & presents
Have a good but safe day everyone
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-01-2017, 11:09 AM
Morning everyone from a rather snowy Saddleworth - all very picturesque as long as you don't have to go out in the damn stuff.
A very Happy Birthday to your Lauryn, Mandy - all grown up now with hopefully a full and wonderful life ahead of her. Both the Mem and myself are big admirers of that birthday cake.
Hope you have recovered from the cold waiting for your taxi, Moyra, at that time of day I would have hoped your son would be running you around to save you from the weather etc.
Another car search for Lynn and OH - you should write a book on it - I've seldom heard of such vehicular misfortunes are you sure you haven't run over a black cat or some such??? Wishing you better luck and a quicker outcome to this next search.
We are having a bit of sun now so I hope it is getting across in your direction June, then at least you can turn off those expensive heat lamps and perhaps enjoy a little light exercise whilst it's nice.
Sue - if you are blighted by heavy clay soil turning in a few bales of wheat straw will help break it up a bit and helps mightily with the drainage. Although it involves a bit of work it is very cheap and effective.
Have a good day all - hope you're still improving, Griff, and feeling a bit sharper as the lurgy departs. Bye fer now.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2017, 11:29 AM
LG, no it was agreed not to use my car as the battery was flat and needed charging and Steve's van is too high for me to get into. Besides Amber needed walking and it was more important that he do that for me so I did not have to worry about her. I got perished with cold waiting for the taxi because it was impossible to get out of the wind because of the automatic doors to the foyer of the outpatients dept.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2017, 11:51 AM
oh gosh Moyra...nothing worse than getting frozen to the bone!!
LG, i am now throwing up Lol....my life is nothing if exciting Lol
TW, hope the girls stayed in bed last night
Lynn, what sort of car is gorden wanting?? just coz i am nosy
Sue, pleased you got a lie in
Mandy, i really hope Liam makes it for Lauryns birthday
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >