Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tennismark24
New Member!
Male 

17-06-2013, 02:44 PM

Recommended wet food?

Hello there,

Me and my fiancee are going to be getting a new puppy soon. We are very excited and we want to do things the correct way.

We were looking at getting her Arden Grange dry kibble lamb and rice for when shes a puppy but we weren't sure what to get in terms of wet canned food.

We have read lots of reviews online and come to the conclusion that most of the supermarket brands aren't good for dogs at all as they have so many additives in them and the fact that most of them are 80% water.

What would people recommend for wet canned food?

Thank you very much in advance

- Mark
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2013, 02:53 PM
My four have Arden Grange kibble to which I add the AG Partners tinned food - just a spoonful each with some warm water to make gravy.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2013, 04:35 PM
Hi my 2 have Naturediet for their breakfast mixed with kibble, and just kibble for the rest of the day.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2013, 04:50 PM
I think NatureDiet is good....although mine both have kibble with nothing added.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2013, 04:58 PM
Mine used to too catrin but I noticed they are not so enthusiastic without the wet added so it's a compromise I want them on dry too for their teeth, but they also get meats/offal and bones too, spoiled pair lol x
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2013, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Mine used to too catrin but I noticed they are not so enthusiastic without the wet added so it's a compromise I want them on dry too for their teeth, but they also get meats/offal and bones too, spoiled pair lol x
Awww. Tonks was move dog NatureDiet when we found out she was allergic to storage mites... But when Paul lost his job last year we just couldn't afford it. She has to be on Atopica tablets to control her allergies. Changing to wet food avoided the storage mite but not the dust mites so we have gone back to kibble kept in an air tight container. She likes Wafcol salmon and potato (also allergic to chicken and other things!) but is definitely more keen since Remus arrived! Remus was starved as a tiny puppy so eats every meal like its his last.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2013, 05:43 PM
Bless them, yes I remember something about Tonks allergies It is funny how they eat if the other is eating, too scared to miss out I get naturediet from viovet for £14 odd for 18 trays and they only have the one between them in the mornings so not too expensive, but it would be if I was solely feeding that.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2013, 05:46 PM
Ps have you tried fishmongers finest from pets at home Catrin, salmon and potato or white fish and potato it's good, but my 2 have gone completely off fish smelling foods
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Ps have you tried fishmongers finest from pets at home Catrin, salmon and potato or white fish and potato it's good, but my 2 have gone completely off fish smelling foods
No I've not seen that. Will have I have a look. Thank you.
Dobionekenobi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-06-2013, 05:25 PM
My dobe puppy has had arden grange large puppy with nature diet. I highly recommend it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >