Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Twigs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-06-2013, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
We had a black lab called Julie when I was growing up. My mum and her were like two peas in a pod, remarkable bond between them. I swear they could have told each others thoughts. Last year of Julie's life she was ill,in pain, on meds and like you mum was lifting her outside and into bed etc. She sat up nights with her and took care of her. This particular night,she was in bad shape and mum was rallying round, being mother hen doing everything possible to make her comfortable.She told us this often,she' s says Julie give her a look that night and let her know it was time,she let her know she'd had enough.I really believe that, they were that close. Mum says the old guys will tell us,just need to read the signs.
Thats lovely, your mum sounds like a lovely person. Yes I do believe if you have a strong bond with your dog that they can let you know when the time is right.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by Twigs View Post
Thats lovely, your mum sounds like a lovely person. Yes I do believe if you have a strong bond with your dog that they can let you know when the time is right.
When its time,you'll make the decision together.In the mean-time I hope you know you have all of us.(((hugs)))What's your dogs name?
Twigs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-06-2013, 10:11 AM
When its time,you'll make the decision together.In the mean-time I hope you know you have all of us.(((hugs)))What's your dogs name?
Thank you so much. Her name is Lily, we have had her since she was 3.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by Twigs View Post
Thank you so much. Her name is Lily, we have had her since she was 3.
Please give Lily a gentle cuddle from Lacey and me, and keep in touch let us know how you're getting on xx
Twigs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Please give Lily a gentle cuddle from Lacey and me, and keep in touch let us know how you're getting on xx
Thank you, yes I will keep in touch and let you know how shes going. xx
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-06-2013, 10:29 AM
HUGS

It is a terrible experience to see anyone or a dog have a stroke, my late husband had one and also my little Gracie.

Gracie was 17.5 years old when she had it, I rushed her to the vets who put her on Vivitonin, I didn't expect to be taking her home again. Gradually she started to improve, the first stroke was on a Tuesday, the first photo was taken on the Wednesday, the second the Saturday, she was happily investigating all the strange smells, we were away in our caravan. Sunday morning she had another much worse, I packed up quickly and raced home then to the vets, she was pts because the stroke was too bad.

I had a wonderful 5 days with her, took her everywhere with me, carried her in a bag which she loved, then let her go with love and good memories. She was the first of 4dogs I lost in 11 months.

Gracie taught me a lot about dog aggression, she tried to kill every dog she saw when she arrived and ended up being wonderful with other dogs.

Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2013, 10:42 AM
Gracie had an amazing life Mattie Hope you take comfort in that. xx
Twigs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-06-2013, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
HUGS

It is a terrible experience to see anyone or a dog have a stroke, my late husband had one and also my little Gracie.

Gracie was 17.5 years old when she had it, I rushed her to the vets who put her on Vivitonin, I didn't expect to be taking her home again. Gradually she started to improve, the first stroke was on a Tuesday, the first photo was taken on the Wednesday, the second the Saturday, she was happily investigating all the strange smells, we were away in our caravan. Sunday morning she had another much worse, I packed up quickly and raced home then to the vets, she was pts because the stroke was too bad.

I had a wonderful 5 days with her, took her everywhere with me, carried her in a bag which she loved, then let her go with love and good memories. She was the first of 4dogs I lost in 11 months.

Gracie taught me a lot about dog aggression, she tried to kill every dog she saw when she arrived and ended up being wonderful with other dogs.

Awww bless her. Lovely photos. She did so well to reach that age. How did you cope losing 4 dogs in 11 months, I don't think I could cope with it.
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-06-2013, 11:06 AM
I didn't cope very well with loosing so many but 3 were old, Gracie 17.5, Joe and Ellie 15, Merlin was only 9.5 but an ex racer who my vet thought had done a lot of damage to his health.

I still miss them
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-06-2013, 11:51 AM
Twigs that is so sad, I can only begin to imagine how you are feeling ((hugs))
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »