Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 02:18 PM

Remus weeing

On a thread yesterday by someone else about toilet training I gate crashes it saying Remus was having trouble at the moment. He had seemed to get it and then started to be more reluctant to go, I thought he was just managing to hold it longer, then he started having accidents in the conservatory which I put down to laziness and wanting not to be out in the rain.

Well today he came running in from the conservatory with something wet all over his back and running down his legs. Turns out its wee and the futon in the conservatory where he likes to lie is covered with wee too. The only way I think he can have got it on his back is if he has weed lying down or in his sleep.

Sooo we are off to the vets tomorrow with a wee sample and I am going to see if there is any way I can salvage the funton mattress....either that or it's to the dump with it.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 02:28 PM
Oh, no. I'm sorry catrin! I hope all is well at the vets. Maybe he rolled in the wee? I remember when Nigredo was smaller, he'd pee and then lie in it on purpose, upside down!

He doesn't do it now... as he kept having to get baths and I think he started to connect the two. Jade sometimes pees in her crate, for whatever reason.. but she makes sure to never lay in any of it.

Anyway, hope it's nothing.. or something like a UTI which is easy to cure. Please post an update if you can. Fingers crossed! Good luck, and sorry about the fu... maybe you can salvage it
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 02:30 PM
Thank you. I don't think he he lay in it as he's usually pretty disgusted when it goes on his feet and is very fastidious about licking them clean afterwards.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Thank you. I don't think he he lay in it as he's usually pretty disgusted when it goes on his feet and is very fastidious about licking them clean afterwards.
Ahh, I see. Then he's probably like Jade and would never lay in it or roll in it. Well, it's like I said... hopefully it's something minor like a UTI and nothing like a weak/small bladder, or tumor or anything. Remus is a healthy looking guy, so I'm sure it's nothing major!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 02:37 PM
Think he's pretty much ruined the futon mattress as it pooled down the back on the bend and has soaked right through, not much point keeping it as won't be able to get the smell out and it'll encourage him to cock his leg on it won't it. ******.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Think he's pretty much ruined the futon mattress as it pooled down the back on the bend and has soaked right through, not much point keeping it as won't be able to get the smell out and it'll encourage him to cock his leg on it won't it. ******.
Oh, crap. Well, since you probably can't get the smell out (even if you don't smell it, he will!) I guess it's better off in the trash!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 03:25 PM

Poor Remus, hope he's o.k.
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Hugs to you both.

I can send Remus Reiki if you want me to, please can I have a photo of him so I can send it direct to were it is needed.

It is things like this that puppy pads are very handy, put under a cover they keep everything else dry.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-06-2013, 03:42 PM
Hi Catrin how old is Remus now, have you changed anything recently like the food, is he drinking more?

Good luck getting the sample, it's aways fun
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 03:45 PM
That's so true Mattie! I have toddler bed pads under our sofa cushions still from when Merryn was toilet training last year.

I put up some pictures of him yesterday I think. ...he's the lurcher not the staffie. Thank you very much. Xxx
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >