Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Maiseymoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Great to hear she's o.k
Thank you so much. Love the pompoms Well I've just bathed it and now I'm not convinced
The discolouration seems to be all the way to the ends of her hair 3" long, in front of her vulva on her tummy and down to the tops of her back legs it wasn't that bad this morning after I cleaned her last night. Surely licking wouldn't change it that fast?

I'll keep an eye on it and if it doesn't improve I'll take her back to the vets.

I can't remember ever worrying about my kids this much
Maiseymoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-06-2013, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
That's great news.

I too have a dawg that can go easily for 10 hrs overnight without needing to pee and in no hurry to get out in the morning either (usually dives back into bed while I am washing and dressing to take her out!)

However once out - well she pees for Europe! First the initial BIG pee and then a quick pee on ANYTHING on the path - I mean ANYTHING - scrap of tissue, old sweet wrappers (I am impressed how her aim is so precise when peeing on tiny things on the ground!)

Anyway about 20 mins into our walk when she has had a poo she ALWAYS has another BIG PEE not long afterwards. Then reverts to the peeing on everything all the way home!

I mean some of these 'pees' are not even a couple of millimetres in size and most of them are not visible to the naked eye! But she squats the same and looks just as serious even if NOTHING is emerging!

It's like 'sniff sniff sniff hmmm I better pee on that' and that could be a crack in paving, anything?

They only do it to annoy you know and to baffle us!
Haha that made me laugh. I can just picture her.She sounds exactly like Tia. She pees on any bit of litter she finds as well as everywhere else.

I watched your video of your little dog at the beach hunting lizards. She's a little cutie
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by Maiseymoo View Post
Thank you so much. Love the pompoms Well I've just bathed it and now I'm not convinced
The discolouration seems to be all the way to the ends of her hair 3" long, in front of her vulva on her tummy and down to the tops of her back legs it wasn't that bad this morning after I cleaned her last night. Surely licking wouldn't change it that fast?

I'll keep an eye on it and if it doesn't improve I'll take her back to the vets.

I can't remember ever worrying about my kids this much
Maisey this is my 'mode' straight back to the vet if I am not convinced that what they told me is right. If they pooh pooh my worries - go to another vet.

If you are worried about your dog after seeing the vet, you need to either get the vet you did see to speak to you in more detail to alleviate those worries or see another vet to see what a second opinion says.

I like vets who say 'you can call me any time if you are worried even if you just need to talk to me' and I've had two like that in my life of dog ownership and one of them is the vet I have now. He even gave me his telephone number to call him when he was on holiday in Greece when my bella was in a terrible state, 'just in case'.
Maiseymoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-06-2013, 08:45 PM
Tangutica, I'll give it a couple of days and see how she is incase I'm worrying unnecessarily. She doesn't appear to be in any discomfort, if she was she would be taken straight back to the vets.

I've never had a problem with my vet so far and he does seem to know his stuff so I suppose I have to stop being paranoid and give the injection and tablets time to work. He did say that if there was no improvement to take her back.
Maiseymoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Good news. This morning when I went to bathe it there was hardly any in her hair, just the small amount that I hadn't been able to remove last night from directly around and on her vulva. I don't like to press too hard incase I hurt her.

Bless her, she just lies there as good as gold while I do what I have to but when I tell her "Go on then, all done" and try to stand her up she goes all floppy and lies on her back again as if to say "Carry on I'm enjoying that".
It must be quite soothing for her especially if it's a bit itchy.

Alfie just sits on the settee curiously watching as if to say "What ARE you doing mum?"
Malpeki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-06-2013, 11:47 AM
Oh great News!
so sometimes you are just worrying to much like me

but to that marking...
so maybe another reason

maybe by that she says:
Hey you! look here! you might be bidder than me, but I'm the biggest nevertheless! as I'm the BOSS!!!
anonymousone
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
That's great news.

I too have a dawg that can go easily for 10 hrs overnight without needing to pee and in no hurry to get out in the morning either (usually dives back into bed while I am washing and dressing to take her out!)

However once out - well she pees for Europe! First the initial BIG pee and then a quick pee on ANYTHING on the path - I mean ANYTHING - scrap of tissue, old sweet wrappers (I am impressed how her aim is so precise when peeing on tiny things on the ground!)

Anyway about 20 mins into our walk when she has had a poo she ALWAYS has another BIG PEE not long afterwards. Then reverts to the peeing on everything all the way home!

I mean some of these 'pees' are not even a couple of millimetres in size and most of them are not visible to the naked eye! But she squats the same and looks just as serious even if NOTHING is emerging!

It's like 'sniff sniff sniff hmmm I better pee on that' and that could be a crack in paving, anything?

They only do it to annoy you know and to baffle us!
Haha Mines the same he can go 10-12 hrs through night , then I let him out make a cup of tea and before I close the back door hes up and in my bed where I lay pretending to be asleep, should I decided to try and move him, its like you've had this spot all night its my turn now!!!

And yes when out he feels its his duty to leave his trademark pee everywhere, especially up peoples front gardens, its embarrassing I do pull him away but hes still peeing up himself then.
Maiseymoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Malpeki View Post
Oh great News!
so sometimes you are just worrying to much like me

but to that marking...
so maybe another reason

maybe by that she says:
Hey you! look here! you might be bidder than me, but I'm the biggest nevertheless! as I'm the BOSS!!!
Haha yes, she's definitely the boss in my house. When we're out walking she always loves to meet other dogs as she's so friendly but if the other dog starts barking at her she always has a go back. She can't even bark properly but that's another story which I might put in a new post.
My 'special dog'
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-06-2013, 09:14 PM
So glad to hear that you are feeling a good deal better about your little girl. Its good to hear that your vet was not too concerned and was able to give you something to help the little one.
Hope she continues to improve - hugs to you both x
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2013, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by Maiseymoo View Post
Haha yes, she's definitely the boss in my house. When we're out walking she always loves to meet other dogs as she's so friendly but if the other dog starts barking at her she always has a go back. She can't even bark properly but that's another story which I might put in a new post.
My 'special dog'
I am now looking forward to this new thread about the speshul barking dawg!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >