View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
missyj
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-06-2013, 08:30 AM
Maybe I'll try him with something else then! But im kinda limited as only have asda or Tesco 2 choose from coz I live in rural area!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-06-2013, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by missyj View Post
Maybe I'll try him with something else then! But im kinda limited as only have asda or Tesco 2 choose from coz I live in rural area!
Hi Missy so do I, I buy online and have the food delivered though I also feed fresh food . Are there no pet shops locally?
Apache
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-06-2013, 08:36 AM
I'll stop wiv the spray and just keep brushing him and a good old bath once a week or so!

I feed him on wagg! Its stoped his smelly trumps haha!

The smell is like very strong dog foot smell ...
From Which Dog Food Review:
Scored 1.3 out of 5
Apart from its meat source, Wagg Complete is a fairly typical budget dog food: It is heavily based on wheat (which unfortunately has a higher incidence of intolerance in dogs than most grains - note that Wagg do also have a wheat-free variety) and it contains several controversial ingredients.
Although Wagg don't add any artificial preservatives or antioxidants themselves, they acknowledge that some of the ingredients they use may contain small amounts. Chemical preservatives and antioxidants are a controversial group of ingredients that most nutritionists recommend avoiding due to their links to health problems.

I would change his food (slowly) to Ardern Grange or Royal Canin and see if this improves matters.
missyj
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-06-2013, 09:05 AM
The closest pet shop is sooo over priced its unreal lol ... I'll check online!
Apache
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-06-2013, 09:27 AM
The closest pet shop is sooo over priced its unreal lol ... I'll check online!
This is the food i feed my GSD and where i get mine from. If you subscribe to a monthly delivery they knock 10% off. It is left on my doorstep an the date i select. Recommended

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Arden-Grange...s=arden+grange

Good luck
Clarey83
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-06-2013, 09:43 PM
Hi!
I would also recommend a change in food, iams is available in most supermarkets, its mid range, half decent food. I used to feed it and my boy did fab on it. I feed eukanuba now, it seems expensive at first sight but if you read feeding guide you will see you only need to feed a small amount as the ingredients are higher quality than wagg, pedigree, bakers etc, so it lasts longer. This will be the case for arden grange, or james wellbeloved or wainwrights etc.

Do a bit of research and im sure you'll find one that fits your budget and is more suitable for your rottie. Lots of offers online!!

I would also say NOT to bath him so much. Once a month at most. Bathing takes away the oils from the dogs coat and can cause him to smell as they are not there protecting the coat from dirt, pollution etc.

I hope you find out find what it is soon xx
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2