View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2013, 12:20 PM
Sounds like you've now got yourself a plan here with Ailsa, she can see outside and she's much happier being boxed in, and has emptied herself, is nice and cool with the doors and windows open, so will be more comfortable for a few hours to come. I'm sure as each day passes now, she will get a lot better and a lot stronger. I'm so glad you've sorted something out with the pup so that you can concentrate more on Ailsa too, as you must have been at your wit's end there with the pair of them.

Try and relax now alongside Ailsa, there's not a lot more you can do except be there for her is there, so might as well just chill out and she will do the same hopefully.

Good luck with the next toilet session, I don't envy you there Gill, but you're coping admirably.xx
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2013, 02:17 PM
I shall be very pleased to see a bit of poop! for once in my life.....lol
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Hey,just wondering how things are with Ailsa?Hope you're both o.k
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2013, 12:04 PM
How's Ailsa today, any better on those hind legs? Hope she's been well enough to have a poop for you too, but understand how difficult it must be for her. I remember after Zena's spey how I couldn't wait for her to have one! Good luck with her Gill, I hope she's a bit better today.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Sorry not replied before, been far too busy scooping up the poop She's had a pretty good week in herself after the initial dramatics of my not being able to move her. A friend recommended that I cut the sides of a bag for life and put that under her tummy like a sling and then hold onto the handles - this works perfectly. Friday night was terrible I was outside in gale force winds at 0330 with a ridiculous little torch, a stalking noisy bloody cat heading up the convoy and Ailsa with constipation. After consulting the vet she said I could take her out more, 10 minutes at a time throughout the day plus she gave me a pres. for some slimy goop which worked a treat. The first time out,she performed about half a dozen times throughout the 5 minute walk around the garden she hadn't been for 6 days though bless her. She is back to her normal self thank goodness. She is walking in the house, not well but isn't walking quite so drunkenly and not falling over which is good of course. She has had a major operation so I am really pleased with how well she is after only a week and a couple of days. She can have her stitches out this week but there's no rush apparently. She actually leapt up on my high bed and off it the other evening in her rush to go out. I was absolutely horrified but again impressed! she certainly hasn't done that for weeks....she is now back with Jake and myself in the main part of the house. I didn't want him knocking her but they are fine together and it's good for her to get back to normal.....so hopefully we will have a good result sometime in the future.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2013, 05:34 PM
Good to hear from you and great news on Ailsa' s progress,poop ordeals and all!! xx
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2013, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Good to hear from you and great news on Ailsa' s progress,poop ordeals and all!! xx
I've found,over the years, dog owners seem to have that subject fixed firmly in the front of their minds for some reason or another
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2013, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by Northernsoulgirl View Post
I've found,over the years, dog owners seem to have that subject fixed firmly in the front of their minds for some reason or another
Absolutely, often times presence of long awaited poop followed by "yippee" and " hooray" from long suffering owner and dog of course
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-06-2013, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by Northernsoulgirl View Post
Maybe it's because it's oneof the very best indicators of a dogs health.

A healthy appetite and a good 'poop' and there's usually nowt much wrong with a dog.
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-06-2013, 09:16 PM
So good to hear of Ailsa's progress. Well done you for taking such good care of her.
Hugs to you both (and to Jake too in case he feels left out ) xxx
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >