Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I will be at Champneys tomorrow for the weekend (smirk) and I shall be tucking into the their soaked muesli FOLLOWED by Eggs Benedict.

It is not QUITE the same as the US version (I first tasted it under glass at the Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco) but almost as good.

I will also be taking some bolly with me as this weekend falls between my birthday and that of my spa buddy, so we always have a totally chilled weekend, no phones, no internet, no nuffink!

ps I shall toast you KB!
BLOODY JEALOUS...is putting it mildly

I shall be working...so may treat my self to a Dobbies Breakfast for £3
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
I eat anything as long as someone else cooks it
Me too! It should involve chocolate and wine preferably....

Nope, I must be good and none of the above has passed my lips for weeks.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2012, 04:40 PM
As a treat i like full fat croissants with real butter and Bon Maman or St Dalfour jam with a strong cup of tea or a nice latte. I don't very often eat breakfast i wait until i get back from walking the dogs which is usually mid morning. I like poached eggs on toast or scrambled eggs or natural yoghurt with granola and fruit.

Lunchtime i like those rolls with cheese on top or onion baguette with tuna and cucumber or strong cheese and onion/tomato chutney - or soup and crusty rolls

Dinner is usually spag bol or chicken stuffed with cheese wrapped in pancetta or carbonara using Delia recipe or something i love, buttery mash, good sausages with caramelised onions and .....baked beans ! and i do a mean shepherds pie with worcestershire sauce in it.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I will be at Champneys tomorrow for the weekend (smirk) and I shall be tucking into the their soaked muesli FOLLOWED by Eggs Benedict.

It is not QUITE the same as the US version (I first tasted it under glass at the Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco) but almost as good.

I will also be taking some bolly with me as this weekend falls between my birthday and that of my spa buddy, so we always have a totally chilled weekend, no phones, no internet, no nuffink!

ps I shall toast you KB!
Am I jealous?
Look, it's nearly my birthday, you could have invited me

For breakfast, the full English ...really full, everything you can think of!

Lunch, smoked salmon and cream cheese on crackers.

Tea, Lasagne, as much as you would like to give me!
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2012, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
As a treat i like full fat croissants with real butter and Bon Maman or St Dalfour jam with a strong cup of tea or a nice latte. I don't very often eat breakfast i wait until i get back from walking the dogs which is usually mid morning. I like poached eggs on toast or scrambled eggs or natural yoghurt with granola and fruit.

Lunchtime i like those rolls with cheese on top or onion baguette with tuna and cucumber or strong cheese and onion/tomato chutney - or soup and crusty rolls

Dinner is usually spag bol or chicken stuffed with cheese wrapped in pancetta or carbonara using Delia recipe or something i love, buttery mash, good sausages with caramelised onions and .....baked beans ! and i do a mean shepherds pie with worcestershire sauce in it.
One day we should go to Quex for breakfast mmmmm! I do love their Sunday roasts too
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2012, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by spockky boy View Post
One day we should go to Quex for breakfast mmmmm! I do love their Sunday roasts too
Sounds good how are you getting on, you must have visited Minnis Bay, great isn't it ?

I have been to Quex to visit the house and the barn, the produce is expensive though
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-08-2012, 04:10 PM
I love chicken on brown bread with mayo

but my all time favourite , which I havent had since I was a kid (and im 46 now) is a good old fashioned dripping butty
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Breakfast
Egg, bacon, beans, hash browns and toast with a cup of tea.

Lunch
Favourite would have to be the salami, pepperoni and jalapeno baguette I used to get when I worked at Fujitsu. Alas, mine never taste anywhere near as good. Usual would have to be tuna or egg mayo sandwich.

Dinner
Lamb, potatoes, veggies and gravy. Followed by apple and caramel crumble with loads of custard.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Sounds good how are you getting on, you must have visited Minnis Bay, great isn't it ?

I have been to Quex to visit the house and the barn, the produce is expensive though
You can *almost* see Minnis from my house, you can from the end of my road.

We did walk up to Reculver a while back, then stopped off for lunch on the other side of the A299 at the Prince of Wales pub... Didn't see anyone famous though
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-08-2012, 04:13 AM
Breakfast: Bacon or decent sausages with a fried egg and melted cheese between two slices of toast. Sadly I'm trying to stick to a healthy eating plan so it's been a long time since I had one of these.

Lunch: Home-made burger with melted cheese on sesame seed bun, salad on the side. I use very lean mince for the burgers so I can eat this every so often providing I don't go insane with the cheese.

Dinner: Marinated tuna steak with fresh crusty bread and salad.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2