Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2011, 06:11 PM

Christmas desserts

What do you have for dessert on Christmas day?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2011, 06:17 PM
Everybody is usually too stuffed to eat one except me and I love trifle
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Christmas Pud for Luke and myself with Brandy Cream,O/H,Lizzie and Tom don't like it so they usually have Black Forest Gateau
tattoogirl73
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-12-2011, 06:55 PM
i'm making a chocolate trifle this year. had a trial run at making one other day, and it was gorgeous. oh had his friends round, and they left wanting more
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2011, 07:07 PM
I don't like dried fruit, so xmas pud, mince pies and xmas cake are non-starters...

We'll have something chocolate-based for christmas day, this year it might be a rich chocolate mousse - something I can make a few days beforehand!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2011, 07:13 PM
I'd rather have a nice cheese board over a dessert personally but last year I did my speciality white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake which was well received! Be happy to share the recipe if you're interested!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2011, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
I'd rather have a nice cheese board over a dessert personally but last year I did my speciality white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake which was well received! Be happy to share the recipe if you're interested!
Is it easy, I'm hopeless but sound lovely.
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2011, 07:23 PM
We have a christmas pud and a fresh fruit salad and a chocolate something!
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2011, 07:44 PM
None of us are really Christmas pudding people, I'll be making an apple crumble, banoffee pie and probably a chocolate cake or something. We all go back to my mum's for Boxing day to demolish the leftovers!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2011, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Is it easy, I'm hopeless but sound lovely.
Well i can make it so must be fairly easy!! Desserts are not my strong point!!

Recipe is as follows:

Ingredients for the base:

75g of Plain Digestive Biscuits
125g of Ginger Nut Biscuits
100g Butter

Ingredients for the Filling:

400g of White Chocolate
65g Butter
1 Whole Vanilla Pod
400g Cream Cheese/Philadelphia
50g Caster Sugar
160ml Whipping Cream
1 Punnet of Raspberries.

Method:

1. Crush biscuits down either in blender or in a bag with a rolling pin then melt the butter and add to the biscuits and mix well. Once combined press into a 23cm springform tin and put in the fridge whilst you make the filling

2. Break the chocolate into chunks and place into a heatproof bowl with the butter and the vanilla pod. Place bowl over a pan of simmering water until melted and then remove the vanilla pod and allow to cool.

3. In another bowl add the cream cheese, the caster sugar and the whipping cream and mix to a smooth consistency.

4. Once the chocolate mix has cooled slightly add it to the cream cheese mixture and stir well.

5. Then add the raspberries and stir gently trying not to release the juices from the raspberries. (I sometimes place them in the freezer for half an hour before doing this stage).

6. Spoon the finished mixture onto the biscuit base and leave in the fridge preferably overnight or for as long as possible but i'd say at least 6 hours to set nicely.

Simple as that - i've made it loads of times and it always comes out perfect. If you don't like ginger that much then you can make the base with just digestives or maybe try choc chip cookies or something but the ginger with the raspberries and white choc is a lovely combination.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >