Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2021, 07:46 AM

Daily Chat Friday 23rd July

Good morning everyone

Not quite so hot at the moment. Nice walk with Teazle and veg prepared for lunch. Now having a coffee before doing a bit of weeding later.

Hope all are well. Take care
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2021, 08:35 AM
Morning Sue, snap I am just off to prepare my veggies for lunch. Runner Beans and a carrot. Just the one Mrs Wembley. lol!! Also been readjusting my payments to the water and utility people. Lovely to see I am having refunds and not paying so much in direct debits. Amazed at how the time has gone by. Been here 9 months now. Soon be my second Christmas. Go on laugh everyone. Soon be here. Have a good day all and be careful of those pending thunderstorms and the windy weather. Only problem then is I will have to close the windows, shame cos' I love the freshair. Byee.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-07-2021, 09:05 AM
Morning Sue, brenda and all to follow.
Same here a lot cooler today. We are prepared for the storms brenda won't be going anywhere.
Gort a lovely tree yesterday smallish a variation on the smoke tree. We can keep it clipped to size we want as it doesn't mind a hard prune.
Also had a coffee out again. Very pleased to see the cafe was insisting on masks on entering and all staff wearing them in the cafe and shop.
Booked Dillon's next injection next Saturday and seeing our vet, we were meant to get a call sometime last week but her Husband who runs the practice tested positive for covid so her and the family had to go into isolation so I guess she is now catching up.
We can discuss things with her next week if she doesn't get time to call before the appointment.
We had a slip in the garden while having a brush. He has to sit and give me a paw and he then gets a biscuit I lift his paw front legs and I brush the feathers, sometimes he stands up and that's all good but today he slipped and went down Gorden got him so he didn't crash onto the slabs.
I know there is less traction on the slabs than on the rug indoors but last week he didn't do this so a little concerning. I guess it's to be expected now.

Enjoy the runner beans Sue.
Good to know payments are coming down brenda.

Keep safe everyone.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2021, 09:13 AM
Good morning all, glad it is a bit cooler it was getting too much for me.
Have a good day all, take it easy and stay safe and well. Hope Dillon continues to be ok. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2021, 09:29 AM
Morning all
Don't mention Christmas Brenda lol....my brother will deffo be here this year!!! The mate who said I can stay with him has moved, I know he would still let me stay but instead of being a 20minute walk away, he is now miles and miles away, if Steve's at work, I will just go and hide at his house for the day
Lynn, sorry Dillon had a slip, fingers crossed it's just the once
Off to take Molly later, if it's hot again then it will just be a little potter, she was happy enough when Steve got home so things are working out o.k
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2021, 10:52 AM
Lynn do you use paw wax? It's very good for shiny paws. Sounds like you will be doing a bit of bonsaing. Had a bit of a worry just now. Washed hair, started to dry it. Turned off hair dryer, wouldn't start again, so brain went into gear and changed fuse. Hey presto, working again. Kelly will reply later when on pc. Ta ta all.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2021, 11:09 AM
Good afternoon all.

A welcome cloudy and cool morning. No sun. Gorgeous after the last few days. Even the lounge is cool - wonderful.

It's surprising how quickly Christmas comes round Brenda. No sooner get the panic of one sorted and the next one comes along

Oh Lynn, sorry to hear that Dillon had another slip. It's so hard to watch them start to struggle.

The deaf girl who wants to move into the flats that Gary lives in visited him last night. They had a really good chin wag for a couple of hours. Both of them looked so happy. Nice to see.

Kelly, I'm wondering if your brother might be a bit nicer this year after all the lockdowns and restrictions. He must have felt it keenly living alone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-07-2021, 12:55 PM
Hi brenda no paw wax needed his paws aren't shiny, they are worn and quite rough.
It's his hips the muscle wastage is quite bad now.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2021, 12:56 PM
Chris, that's absolutely lovely for Gary...and the lady, I really hope she can get a flat there
Lol....nooooooooo, nothing has changed with my brother at all!! I was talking to him Sunday and somebody had hit his car on Thursday, he was in the big I am mode..... nevermind the fact I am a bloody mechanic, dealt with a body shop on a daily basis and have dealt with several repairs to my dad's cars..nope, no nothing, he was insistent that main dealer repair is better than independent....I tried to remind him that I had worked in two main dealer workshops and dealt with body shops at both so I know exactly what goes on....nope, I am wrong lol. He is still doing the same with regards offering financial help for things and not backing it up...not that mum would accept help from him because it's not given in the same context as how I would do it ...mine would be because it's the right thing to do, no strings, his would be so he could lord it over everyone.
It's funny because i don't like my brother, we don't get on but if he has any bother, I am always the first to offer help, during the lockdowns, he never once called my parents or me....yet I messaged him daily to check on him, called him and even did a video call with him and my parents
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2021, 03:59 PM
Well, my daughter has just had the MRI cancelled for the third time

They have just phoned her and given her another appointment for 4.10 pm next Thursday and had the cheek to add 'hopefully'. Poor kid is still in agony and the physio won't work with her until they know what they are dealing with
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >