Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2021, 05:56 AM

Daily Thread Wednesday 21 July 2021

Morning all
Much cooler night last night so I actually got some sleep...yay!!
Dad's got a scan on his hand today and I think I have to go with him because he struggled with the car park Machine last time....they do like to complicate things lol
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2021, 07:10 AM
Good morning Kelly and all to follow. I hope all goes well with your dad's hospital appointment. Going to be even hotter again today, It was too hot for me last night, I didn't get much sleep.

Have a good day, slap on the sunscreen and please stay safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2021, 09:11 AM
Good morning Kelly, Moyra and all who follow

Hope dad's hospital appointment goes well Kelly.

Hot, hot, hot. Teazle walked early, meat in slow cooker for making meat pies tomorrow, windows cleaned up and down outside and have just finished mowing the lawns. I am now melting so only lunch to cook and be lazy for the rest of the day. Eldest son coming this evening to bring my car back so will be running him to the station to go home. Ben had an hospital appointment on Friday which has now been cancelled and moved to the end of the month, this is the second appointment cancelled. Good thing is it is only physio on him shoulder so not too bad.

Hope all are well. Take care
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-07-2021, 10:09 AM
Morning griff, Moyra, Sue and all who follow.
Not so hot today but still very warm.
Had a lovely afternoon yesterday with Mark and Lauren, lovely to see Mark better and Lauren blooming but suffering with the heat.
They took the cot back with them for Mark to put up and they loved the bunnies I knitted and will put them on the shelf for baby.

Chris I remembered you can buy a silver screen to put on your front windscreen so while having breakfast it would also help keep the car cool. They do work we used one when Ollie and Dillon came out and about with us.
You could also get the side rear window shades on line. Baby stores would be good that's what they were first invented for shading babies and children on the back of the car.
Hope dad's appointment goes well griff.
Kazz hope your friends St. Bernard is coping better. Someone I know has a biggish paddling pool solid bottom one and her St. Bernards love paddling in it to keep cool.

Stay safe everyone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2021, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning griff, Moyra, Sue and all who follow.
Not so hot today but still very warm.
Had a lovely afternoon yesterday with Mark and Lauren, lovely to see Mark better and Lauren blooming but suffering with the heat.
They took the cot back with them for Mark to put up and they loved the bunnies I knitted and will put them on the shelf for baby.

Chris I remembered you can buy a silver screen to put on your front windscreen so while having breakfast it would also help keep the car cool. They do work we used one when Ollie and Dillon came out and about with us.
You could also get the side rear window shades on line. Baby stores would be good that's what they were first invented for shading babies and children on the back of the car.
Hope dad's appointment goes well griff.
Kazz hope your friends St. Bernard is coping better. Someone I know has a biggish paddling pool solid bottom one and her St. Bernards love paddling in it to keep cool.

Stay safe everyone.
Odd you should say that they purchased one last year and "Rosie" is lounging in it Martin said she is better than last year year when she was nervous of it. He said she is growing up and she is she is 2&1/2 a lovely soul but the slobber not for me.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2021, 02:20 PM
Been in the garden and now back in the heat has increased during the afternoon this morning was quite cool in comparrison.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-07-2021, 04:17 PM
Glad Rosie likes her pool now. That should help.
It has got hotter here to during the afternoon.

Ollie always used paddling pools as large outdoor drinking bowls and Dillon is the same.
Love Newfies and Saints but like you the I couldn't deal with the slobber, Dillon is slobbery for a Bernese and that's bad enough.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2021, 05:12 PM
She is gorgeous no idea how they landed on a St Bernard they have always had Corgi's and GSD's. But struggled I think to find a good breeder of GSD's after loosing their beautiful lad Leo. So decided to change breeds they wanted big and friendly. And have to say Rosie totally fits that bill.

Gert is not a pool dog muddy puddles and rivers streams she's your girl but organised clean water "Nah"
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2021, 06:11 PM
Had to pop back to town, I bought some squash earlier from Sainsbury's...peach and raspberry, it's lovely...so went back and picked up a bottle for here and Steve's beings as he is drinking my orange and mango lol. Saw one of the drivers and he is dying in the heat and the company haven't been distributing water, I will give my number to those I know and offer to give them cold water if they are on my route, apparently more drivers left last week...not bloody surprised