Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2021, 07:50 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday, 18th July 2021

Good morning all, going to be another hot one today so take it easy and above all stay safe and well. Don't get burnt.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2021, 08:12 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow. I am turning into a moaning minnie. I have written two letters this morning complaining. One about the rubbish left behind on our beautiful Beach Green and one to the council about some man doing dog training, I use that term loosely, yesterday in the searing heat in the middle of the day. I was and still am disgusted at this sort of training. Hauling the dog around on a choke thing, can't call it a collar as it wasn't and shouting at the poor bewildered dog. Right having got that off my not so small chest have a good day all. Going to be a hot one.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2021, 08:17 AM
Good morning Mooyra and all who follow

Hope mum's appointment went well Kelly

Lovely here again and now quite warm. Off to the house again this afternoon. We didn't get there until after lunch yesterday but got six extra lengths of wood fixed to hold the loft boards off the insulation (which is really thick so no beed to replace) and two boards fitted and screwed down. This afternoon's plan is to get a few more boards done so that it will be easier to work up there and not balance on rafters. The boards were heavy but I managed to lift them up to Ben and be man handled them once there. Poor lad was really hot.

When we finished we went for a walk around the area. It is really lovely with a large field and child play areas and huge bat house, looks like a log cabin on stilts, and lovely woodland walks. Somewhere there is also a dog play area with some homemade agility equipment which everyone is welcome to use. It is a really thought out new estate. It was so quiet even with a lot of children playing and running around. I think the family will be very happy living there. Neighbours seem very nice too and very friendly and willing to help each other.

Hope all are well. Take care.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2021, 08:18 AM
Morning all
Yep Moyra...deffo going to be a hot one, I even managed to get Steve to put sun cream on yesterday! Factor 50, it's taken me years to get him to understand that you still get a tan with it on
Ahhhhhh Brenda, how horrible for you to see that, I only ever use positive reward based training and trainers but there are some who really shouldn't be doing it. I went to a puppy party at the vets and the trainer there was telling us all that dogs shouldn't be allowed on the sofa as they wouldn't know their place and would never behave....me and my dad just started laughing at her, every dog I have owned has sat on the sofa and all do pretty much all I ask of them
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2021, 08:22 AM
Morning Sue
Hmmmmmm, the hospital appointment was an eye opener! Apparently she's pre diabetic, the Dr talked to her about her weight and is referring her to a weight management clinic and they suspect she has graves disease.
Bless you struggling with the boards, you really are a good mum! And the area he has moved to sounds lovely
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-07-2021, 08:51 AM
Morning Moyra, brenda, Sue, griff and all to follow.

Very hot here already had our very short walk, Dillon done his business and had a roll in the grass now home he is outside in the shade and we are indoors.
Not such a good night last night he woke me up at 4.15 this morning.

brenda bad enough to see that sort of training at any time in this heat 100 times worse.
Hope the dog bites him. Trouble is dog will get the blame not many will see it from the dogs point of view sadly.
Sue wow you are amazing. The area sounds lovely so pleased for all.
griff sorry to hear mums appointment was a bit daunting with the news, hopefully they can get it everything under control before it takes a hold.
Moyra staying cool here.
Chris all the seaside towns in for an onslaught of stupid people again, I mean it's not even Monday and people are out and about in their droves no social distancing or masks.
I despair of what's coming after tomorrow, it hadn't better coincide with the new baby being born and Mark's 40th that we're all back in lock down. I will be saying my piece to anyone I hear whingeing about it if it does. Michael and Maca may not get here to celebrate with us as it is due to them possibly having to quarantine.That will be 17 months since we have seen them.

Stay safe everyone.

Keep safe everyone.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2021, 10:44 AM
Good morning all.

Went earlier today and it's still too damned hot. Obviously had our short, shady walk, but getting into the car at the end of it was yukky before the air con kicked in.

Rosie is miffed because she was too hot at the start of the car ride back, can't go out for our usual play in the garden on our return (no shade) and has to wait for her dinner because we are back early.

Town is packed to the rafters and the foreshore is gridlocked with the new entrance to the main car park (which everyone forecast wouldn't work).

I'm thinking we may have to start staying in the village on weekends, but it's finding a shady walk that's the problem. We'll sort it one way or the other.

Brenda, have you thought reporting the 'trainer' to the RSPCA and dog warden rather than the police? It may not do any good but at least they will all then be aware
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2021, 11:34 AM
Chris I have told the council who will pass it to the dog warden.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2021, 03:40 PM
Despite what I he Dr said to my mum yesterday... nothing has changed! She's not eaten a meal yet, just crap..... just asked what she's got for dinner and she just said dunno..... meanwhile I have a lovely salad!