Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2021, 04:37 AM

Daily Thread Friday 16th July 2021

Morning all
Awake bright and early..... again! Looking like it's going to be a nice day again, need to get a pair of my wedges fixed today and then.....who knows!!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2021, 06:02 AM
Good morning Kelly and all who follow

Hope you have a good and peaceful day Kelly

Lovely here this morning. Taking Teazle out in a minute then preparing lunch for today, Saturday and Sunday. I also have to paint the piece of wood that we repaired earlier in the week then I will have to think what to do

Hope all are well. Take care
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2021, 06:24 AM
Good morning Kelly and Sue, hope you are both ok. Not so nice here this morning quite overcast. I do not know where the days go its halfway through July already.

Still missing Amber terribly doesn't seem right without a dog around the place. Have thought about going to a rescue place to see if I could rehome an old Labrador but with my current state of health I do not think it would be wise.

Have a goodday all, take care and take it easy and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2021, 06:42 AM
Sue...busy again!!!
Moyra, maybe try the oldies club, sometimes they have oldies who just want a little potter around a garden. These 2 are my last dogs, there will be no more cats and when Steve gets his next gsd I will be taking care of him when he is at work.
No sign of the nutty neighbours packing up so not sure if it was all a load of nonsense, had enough yesterday , they were slamming the doors and I decided that as she obviously doesn't like noise, that's what she will get! I plugged my echo in, asked Alexa to play dance music and turned it up lol.....it was quiet after that, I did apologize to my nice neighbour but she said it's fine as she has had enough of the banging too. The three houses are hoping that we get someone nice in next time... really nice, not just trying to appear nice and cause issues for the houses, luckily we are all on good terms and actually spoke to one another so we caught the nutty neighbour out pretty quickly
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-07-2021, 07:54 AM
Morning griff, Moyra, Sue and all to follow.
Lovely day here today and we got a lie in till 6 today after a dreadful evening and night with Dillon Wednesday.
Expecting a call from the vet today about how he is doing 2 weeks on after the Librella injection. Today he has no previcox so we will see how things go from here on in.
Off out for a meal tonight we can walk there which is nice means we can both have a little tipple.

Sue I am sure Teazle won't mind her haircut. Sounds hard work hand stripping.
griff do hope things work out test wise sounds very confusing for you and worrying to I imagine.
Moyra it's hard not having a dog around when you have been use to one for many years.
What about fostering ?
Dillon is our last, I find as I get older the health issues would turn me grey if I wasn't already grey.

Keep safe everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2021, 09:22 AM
Happy birthday Gorden and happy anniversary to you both Lynn xx
Hope Dillon does o.k without the previcox
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2021, 10:53 AM
Good morning all

Moyra I agree maybe try fostering I have a friend who is unable to get out but does fostering for SBT oldies.

Sue My friend hand strips her Norwich Terrier looks really good but as Flo is 13 now she has decided against the process as Flo gets bored and tired how s the house coming along?

Griff How do you fix a wedge? I normally eat mine straight away. LOL The air fryer sounds good so what's Steve up to for all his days off?

Lynn The meal out sounds great have a nice meal, little drink and a walk home in the sunshine with the person you love ...happy happy days.

Chris Has the lady who is deaf been accepted do you know to your lads place?

Brenda Are you expecting a influx of holiday makers?

Well lovely day here been out with Gert twice and she has had a lovely paddle in the stream so a happy dog here now off out into the garden have decided to take down the summer house as I do not use it and I would like to continue the garden down towards the house more at the moment the summer house is a view blocker not enhancer. My sister is having the summer house its in excellent condition (should be after the care I took before I put it up preserver etc etc etc)
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2021, 12:13 PM
Good afternoon all.

Finally some sunshine during the morning here. Unfortunately the sunshine brings the crowds.

It takes time to be either accepted or denied a place there Kazz. They have a meeting every three months or so if everyone is available and decide then so it depends how close to the meeting they apply. Then it's jumping through hoops time. She has a head start as the staff are already learning BSL (sign language) with only Gary there and they all would like to see another deaf person there to keep Gary proper company, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the head of housing will agree. On top of that, the place is full so she would have to wait for a flat coming empty.

Gary was fortunate because he was offered the flat during lockdown and no one else would move during that time. After over 5 years of applying, we jumped at it despite the problems faced for the move.

I hope she gets in.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2021, 12:18 PM
Lol.....kazz, with glue! Lovely man in the heel bar told me to take them back, I said I can't....there 4 years old!!! He didn't believe me, they are soooooo comfy and I always get asked where they are from
Well, Steve's been shopping today, left the bucket of fat balls in Tesco car park, he said they wouldn't get handed in...i said they would, yep... returned to Wilko! Tomorrow we may do the market but I have to be back to take mum to hospital, then I have to go to his house as I am getting Molly's claws cut....then I think he will do the garden at some point and then spend the rest of the time sunbathing, I will be over one or two days then he is at work for 5/6 Days then off 2.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-07-2021, 12:21 PM
Awww Chris, it's a shame you can't write a letter in support of the lady, I mean...let's be brutally honest, unless it's a specific place for deaf people then the chance of a conversation must be pretty bloody slim!! I can do the alphabet and eff off and that's it, I think kids should be taught it at school
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >