Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2021, 04:21 AM

Daily Thread Wednesday 14th July 2021

Good morning all, been awake since about half 2... again, wish I could find something productive to do instead of watching crap Irish soaps on the rté player.
Steve has a normal shift today, that's going to make him stressed, I tried to point out that it's just one day and better than doing it full time like he used to. He finishes today for 6 days, it's funny as he rarely used to get 2 days off together
I don't think I mentioned it but mum should have seen an endocrinologist last year when she was in hospital, they wrote to her saying that they saw she was in hospital and would rebook her, she waited and waited and nothing so in December I told her she better get onto them, they told her that as she was "a no show" they had cancelled her off the system, they kept telling her that the gp would have to rerefer her...I did my nut and pointed out it's their error, she didn't not show up, she was in hospital and they acknowledged that in writing and said they would make her another appointment but didn't, they could have gone to see her in hospital as another department did but nope, they messed up and have left her without treatment, finally after a lot of arguing with secretaries, back and forth phone calls.....she is going Saturday! I am going with her just to ensure that she is honest with them and that they cover everything and if it turns out she has been living with a condition untreated for more than 12 months.... well, you will probably hear me shouting in space!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-07-2021, 07:11 AM
Morning griff and all to follow. .

Looks and feels like it might rain just hope it waits till we are back home with Dillon.
Popping out later Gorden gets a free treat for two from Dobbies for his Birthday each year which is Friday and our Anniversary 44 years so we are popping to Kings Lynn to claim that, pop into Hobbycraft and the Iceland warehouse.

griff I hope today isn't to stressful for Steve. I know exactly how you feel regards your mum the times this would happen to my mum because she was in hospital.
I'm surprised never suffered a stroke the times I had to get so angry with various medical departments who seem not to use their brains.
Sue hope you manage an easier day today.
brenda hope it's not raining where you are and you manage a walk.
Kazz hows the garden coming along ?
Moyra hope you are keeping as well as can be in these unusual times.

Stay safe everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2021, 07:33 AM
Ohhhh, happy birthday to Gorden (coz I will forget) and a happy anniversary too!
Lol ..I will get a call on his way home littered with expletives, he really does get very wound up. Him being at the megalab is better for him ..and me as he is mixing with people who are covid tested regularly and they have to show a negative test result...unlike when he does normal service...he mixes with everyone and nobody makes them get tested
We have lovely sunshine here, need to pop out and return a couple of parcels.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2021, 07:37 AM
Good morning Kelly and Lynn. Kelly hope all goes well for your mum it's good that you are going to go with her.

Lynn, hope Dillon is well again, bless him. Did you say he has a birthday soon?

Well have a good day all, take it easy and above all stay safe and well.
God bless.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2021, 08:05 AM
Good morning all

Kelly, my lass is still in agony with her back and can't work with it. So far she has had two MRI scans booked then cancelled. The last one within an hour of the appointment. This damned virus has really cocked things up.

Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to Gordon for Friday. Enjoy your treats. x
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2021, 08:06 AM
Good morning Kelly, Lynn, Moyra and all who follow

Hope mum gets good news at her appointment and at least you will be with her to make sure of it. Poor Steve but at least he has six days off to look forward to. I see TFL are making masks mandatory on all their service and would hope other operators would do the same.

Happy Birthday Gorden and happy anniversary Lynn. I know it is early but may forget. Enjoy your trip out to the garden centre

Hope you are doing well Moyra

Lovely here this morning and really warm already. Teazle walked, washing out, veg done for lunch and batter made for toad in the hole. Now having a coffee and thinking about what not to do

Hope all are well. Take care.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2021, 08:20 AM
Morning each and all to follow. Lynn with have lots of sunshine and I went out very early as it is going to be very warm here.I don't mind walking in the rain if I am dressed for it. Got used to it when I had doglets. Not so much in the very warm weather but then I took them out early and much later in the evening. Can always remember doing obedience shows in pouring rain, such fun as Miranda's mum used to say. bg!! Have a good day all.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2021, 08:21 AM
Happy Birthday Gorden and Happy Anniversary to.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-07-2021, 08:51 AM
Thank you for Gorden's Birthday wishes and our Anniversary on Friday, we have booked a table at the local restaurant for the evening.
If the weather is good we can walk there in about 5 mins. Through the park and the station car park and voila it is on the corner.

Dillon doesn't have his next Birthday till 2nd November Moyra (10).
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2021, 12:02 PM
Good afternoon all

Overcast and muggy this morning even though it was a bit chilly

One of the residents up at Gary's place had a fall just outside the door. She was taken away in an ambulance bless her. Poor lady was so close to home and yet was laid on the pavement for a long time while the ambulance arrived. Fortunately, though, the staff at the flats took blankets and pillows out and stayed with her.

We never do know what's round that corner