Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2021, 06:30 AM

Daily Thread Sunday 11th July

Good morning everyone

Skip arrived early and so did the wood to board out the loft. We spent the day cutting up carpet so we could get it down the stairs (2 flights), underlay and putting in the skip. Ben cut up the wardrobe doors that had been left in the loft and the laminate that was too big to man handle and all that went in as well. Also all the floor tiles and cement that held them and the wall cupboards and doors. The skip is full and by the time we had cleaned up we had run out of steam! Today's job is boarding out the loft with me man handling the timber up to Ben. If I get time I may start to rub down the wood work in the main bedroom but we have to be home early to be ready for the football

Hope all are well. Stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2021, 07:47 AM
Morning Sue and all to follow. Sun is out here and been for a wander and came back to sort out another list. I love a list. Its the way I stand lol!! No seriously I do like a list, especially of what is in the freezer and what is on the next Tesco order. Sad aren't I bg!! Hope you don't over do it Sue. I couldn't buy a place that needed lots doing to it. That is why I liked what I saw when moving into this flat. Mind you it has its down falls. Anyway have a good day all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2021, 08:17 AM
Good morning Brenda.

The thing with this house is that the price was right and although a lot of interest nobody wanted to do the work. The houses round there are selling almost as soon as they hit the market and for quite a bit more. The house is only 9 years old but has been neglected. It has been let out twice and then the owner moved in and decided to sell. They'd had a Rottie which we think was allowed to do what it liked as the smell of urnine in a lot of rooms when the carpets were lifted was not nice. Also all the stains that had seeped through to the floor underneath. Nothing a good clean with bleach won't cure. It already smells cleaner although dusty.

The layout of the house was not to Ben's liking so he is moving the kitchen from the back of the house to a room at the front which is too small to be a lounge, and turning the back room into the lounge. The lounge was originally upstairs and that will become a double bedroom. A lot of work but it will not price it out of the area so he is on a win win situation. We are doing what we can so that he can keep the builder's costs down.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-07-2021, 10:57 AM
Morning Sue, brenda and all to follow. Just.
Quite a nice morning, warm. Out early with Dillon who slept till 6 this morning.
We left the night light and the portable air cooler again overnight. Might
try without the light tonight but leave the air cooler on.

Sue what a lot of work but sounds like it will be worth it in the end.
brenda I really should do a list when I shop, but I've never been a list person and find it hard to get into the habit.

Stay safe everyone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2021, 11:44 AM
Good afternoon all

Ear;y bnird this morning. By 5.30 am out with Gert, came home straight into the garden cut some flowers and brought them in then decided to take a bunch to my one niece the others all have hay fever LOL so Sophie benefited. Pulled up at the back of her flat opened the car door and Gert was up the stairs (very safe self closing gates) before I could say "Oi" she has only been once before and never in the flat as they were doing it up but she remembered Soph opened the door and Gert was in flattening Andy on the couch LOL I did not go in handed flowers over came away another walk on the way back poppies in the fields then washing on line and a piece of toast. Not sure of my plans later bar another walk with her highness and watch the footie. Two other nieces doing property viewings today we shall see.

Brenda I love a list I list my freezer contents etc too and like to do a check every now and then. List shopping too mind you also have my small cash book which lists what I have spent and what In and out of account etc etc. Have to say I am from the school of fail to plan plan to fail. But freestyle is good too.

Sue Wow you are busy bees. Hope today goes well.

Lynn Glad Dillon had a good night, and a lie in.

Good morning and afternoon to all have a good day everyone. I am available to chat until 7.59 pm tonight.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2021, 12:45 PM
I am really annoyed Harry was supposed to be on but the Italian job instead not happy. Ah well back to book.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2021, 02:12 PM
Love the Italian job!! There's a thing on next weekend where you drive through the tunnels in minis..... because obviously it was filmed in the sewers in Coventry, they are putting tunnels above the ones used it's all to do with city of culture, might venture up for a nosy, then as part of motofest they are screening the Italian job in the cathedral ruins
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2021, 06:39 PM
Ekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk 19.39
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2021, 06:54 PM
Good evening all.

Lovely morning for our walk. Clouded over and the breeze picked up this afternoon.

Got the washing done, dried and put away this afternoon. Had an hour's chat with my sister - she's 78 today. My youngest got his second jab and my 17 year old granddaughter passed her driving test on Thursday on the first attempt and I'm so proud of her.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2021, 08:16 PM
Ahhhhh, a week of wonderful news Chris!
My brother has is second jab on 22nd, I think London have gone to 8 weeks between doses opposed to 12 weeks... he's getting it done at least
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >