Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2021, 08:24 AM

Daily catch-up Thursday 8.7.21

Good morning everyone.

Nerves settled and breathe

Bright here washing in and on line. Having boiled eggs the out for a proper walk with Gert just been round the block so far.

Chris Pleased Mr Chris had the statue breakthrough idea. May of missed it but how did your lads bed delivery go and does he like it if he got it? Have you got contact details for the people buying the flat and have you thought of contacting them directly I did this once long time ago when we spoke we each thought it was the other who was dragging their feet a combined pincer attack resolved it. How is your hubby?

Griff How long will Steve's job last do you think? and hopefully with the weather improving you can enjoy the garden now its done.

Lynn Good morning, what's your grandson doing work wise at the moment? and did Lauren resolve the working issue?

Sue Any news on the grandchildren and daughter in law coming over. How is your daughter in law coping having to design her home at a distance ?

Brenda Hope you have had a lovely walk, I think (from single living experience) yesterday was a "oh my God its all up to me moment" I have them often *hugs*

Moyra Hope all is good with you did you resolve the driving issue?

Have a good day all catch you all later.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2021, 08:36 AM
Morning Kazz
Errrrrmmmm not sure how long the job will last and the way they are going.....not long. They keep changing his shifts short notice, so he had 3 Days off together and was doing 7 days then a long weekend...I just saw him for one day as I thought I would be seeing him next weekend, he looked last night....changed his shift AGAIN, he is now off Sunday and then it just says spare, good job we hadn't made plans for the weekend. All he wants is to know what days they want him and what days he is off, the lab have also now decided that they want a midnight trip which means a later finish which means I have to go to Molly later, the buses are regular in the day but at night I could end up having to hang about in town for 40minutes each way
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2021, 08:55 AM
Good morning everyone

Do hope they get their act together Kelly regarding Steve's shifts.

Kazz no news on grandchildren coming over, would like to get the two eldest as soon as but who knows. DIL has some input in the house design but is quite happy to let Ben get on with it so that when she eventually comes over it will all be finished with nothing to do. Irt seems as long as she has a black stone worktop in the kitchen she will be very happy

Damp in the air first thing but sun now trying to appear. Have deadheaded the roses and pulled a few weeds. Thought they would start dismantling the scaffolding today but no sign yet. Might have to threaten with charging rent that should get them moving.

Hope all are well. Stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2021, 09:33 AM
Morning all, because I actually stayed up later than usual, I watched McDonald and Dodds and then caught up with the result on the footie, I don't usually take any notice of football but England yep gets to even me, I got up later than usual. So, Kazz I went for my first proper walk up into the village shops and not along the beach. I will do that later. I was on tenterhooks in case I bumped into someone. Anyway bought some flowers and some bits from a shop called Poundstretcher and then walked back. Decided I didn't need any money out of the hole in the wall and good job I did as when I looked over to it a certain someone was standing near the hole in the wall. So, came home and breathed a sigh of relief. Stupid I know but what would I say to him? As to solicitor's mine found out that when I was selling my house the hold up was because the other solicitor hadn't got all the paperwork from the land things? Anyway have a good day all.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2021, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Morning Kazz
Errrrrmmmm not sure how long the job will last and the way they are going.....not long. They keep changing his shifts short notice, so he had 3 Days off together and was doing 7 days then a long weekend...I just saw him for one day as I thought I would be seeing him next weekend, he looked last night....changed his shift AGAIN, he is now off Sunday and then it just says spare, good job we hadn't made plans for the weekend. All he wants is to know what days they want him and what days he is off, the lab have also now decided that they want a midnight trip which means a later finish which means I have to go to Molly later, the buses are regular in the day but at night I could end up having to hang about in town for 40minutes each way

Hmmmmm very weird way of treating their staff. Could you not get the bus in then stay there and let Steve run you home?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2021, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Morning all, because I actually stayed up later than usual, I watched McDonald and Dodds and then caught up with the result on the footie, I don't usually take any notice of football but England yep gets to even me, I got up later than usual. So, Kazz I went for my first proper walk up into the village shops and not along the beach. I will do that later. I was on tenterhooks in case I bumped into someone. Anyway bought some flowers and some bits from a shop called Poundstretcher and then walked back. Decided I didn't need any money out of the hole in the wall and good job I did as when I looked over to it a certain someone was standing near the hole in the wall. So, came home and breathed a sigh of relief. Stupid I know but what would I say to him? As to solicitor's mine found out that when I was selling my house the hold up was because the other solicitor hadn't got all the paperwork from the land things? Anyway have a good day all.

Brenda sounds like fate took a hand, for some reason I do not know or cannot explain I though your ex hubby had moved away.

How are your daughter pups doing?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2021, 10:07 AM
Morning Kazz, Sue, griff, brenda and all to follow.
Nice day here warm and intermittent sunshine.
Lauren works 8 hours a week now till she goes on maternity leave later this month. She stays upstairs in her office unless urgently needed downstairs to sort a problem so is mostly away from the public.
Joel works for a fairly local man learning plastering, patio laying that sort of thing earns good money and is happy.
That makes us all happy.
Watched the football, little disappointed that our first goal was an own goal from the other side and a brilliant goal from Harry Kane but again a little disappointed that it was on a penalty that actually was questionable on the replays not sure it was actually a penalty. Very impressed the way they kept the ball away from Denmark till the end of the game.
Also what a way to behave shining that laser at Shmeickel when he was defending Kane's goal. Bad sportsmanship from one of the fans.
We will be watching Sunday. I was 7 and Gorden 9 when we last one the cup

griff hope Steve's shifts sorted. Good idea from Kazz.
Sue hope the scaffolding comes down soon.
Glad you averted having to make the connection brenda.

Stay safe everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2021, 10:43 AM
No Kazz because he is doing longer hours so I go to walk Molly about 5 hours after he has left, spend about an hour with her and come home so he would be about another 4-5 hours and I would end up getting home after midnight...I also wouldn't want him driving after being at work for 11 hours
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2021, 10:49 AM
So, at the moment, Steve leaves for work at 11.30, he gets home at about 10.30pm, I leave here at about 3.30, get to his about half four or after, leave about 6 and I am back by 7, with the longer hours, he won't be getting home until 1 am so I would need to go to see Molly about 6pm, the buses are every 30minutes from his and 40minutes to mine....I don't mind at all but am very annoyed that they are messing about with the shifts, we had it all sorted and it was working very well and now I will have to try and work out timings...mind you, I could borrow his e scooter and go to the train station and get the train back perhaps
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2021, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
No Kazz because he is doing longer hours so I go to walk Molly about 5 hours after he has left, spend about an hour with her and come home so he would be about another 4-5 hours and I would end up getting home after midnight...I also wouldn't want him driving after being at work for 11 hours

Just thought as your Mom and Dad are at home for your dogs being at Steve's would give you "YOU SPACE" and surely better for Steve to drop you home than stand around for hour half in town.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >