Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2009, 08:37 PM

gencon headcollar

has anybody used this headcollar? what are your thoughts, was it any good compared to halti etc
thanks
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2009, 09:45 PM
I think it looks good but have never brought one to try. Was thinking of getting one for Peat and because they fit any size If it was good could use it for the others.
My one concern was the was no safty line just in case it came off. I don't know if this could happen.
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2009, 09:50 PM
from what somebody shown me, if it comes off the nose it is still round the neck
but i suppose it could come off if the dog pulled backwards maybe, there are some on the website where you can also attach the lead to the collar aswell
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2009, 10:00 PM
They do look good.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2009, 10:00 PM
That to me looks pretty good as it kind of doubles up as a slip lead by the looks of it.
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2009, 10:07 PM
I use one on my dogs, Teagan has managed to back out them before, they now do them with a clip on the end, so it can be clipped onto the collar just in case. Bertie and Skye both walk pefectly as soon as they have them on. I like them because if the dog is walking nicely you can just slip the nose part off and walk them, but if they start pulling you can put the nose part back on.
Here's a pic with Bertie and Skye (the dogs on my right) wearing gencons as we are about to set off for a walk.
munchkin
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-01-2009, 10:27 PM
I use a gencom complete which is one complete headcollar and lead. Not seperate. It is absolutely fabulous. It is a thicher harsher material than the Halti's. Works a treat, I only have to put it on my hound and she doesn't even attempt to pull. She still pulls a little when wearing the halti. I use both as can leave the Halti on to let her free. On road walks only I use the gencom.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.
munchkin
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-01-2009, 10:29 PM
Sorry forgot to say
The difference is you lead from the back of the neck with the Gencom and from under the chin with a Halti type.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-01-2009, 06:30 AM
Tried one and hated it. My poor dog who suffers fear aggression was choking herself on it and it made her worse.
The halti I found slipped up into her eyes but the dogmatic I have found fantastic.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >