View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 01:52 PM
I never have because we had killer cats. However - Smudge, who used to play with birds passed away a couple of months ago and Smitch, the killer cat has decided to become an indoor cat since losing her sister so I've been toying with the idea.

Would need high up feeders though because Takara loves fat balls and Eddy loves seed...
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-05-2009, 01:53 PM
We try to but next door tend to get more birds so its hard to convince them to give us a try!!

Here's our bird table:

Also Monty does a good job of scaring them off. We feed them mixed seeds and nuts and moistened bread and occasionally fruit. We tend to get more blackbirds on our table that anything else.

Love watching them though and nice to see them pecking away at whatever is left out for them.
cally
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-05-2009, 07:00 AM
I feed the birds,and have a table and two feeders
in which I put sunflower hearts,I also feed soaked
bread for the bigger birds twice a day,and also fat
balls,the birds love these,even now,so will probably
get more.
I have seen so many different birds it's great,and
so relaxing to watch them feed.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 07:13 AM
I feed them the wild bird food from a web site called Junglegold, it where I used to get my parrot food from and the birds love it, they have it in hanging feeders and also a tray on the special bird feeding station I've got, I used to feed on the ground as well, but found the cats hiding in every possible place, getting ready to pounce, so I stopped doing that
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Don't throw away any old apples either, coz they love these cut in half, especially the blackbirds, they'll eat half an apple all on their own!
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 12:21 PM
Unfortunately we don't feed the birds due to the fact we live next to woodland, by leaving food out for the birds encourages rats, we've even had them hanging in the trees opening the bags of nuts for the birds and climbing on the bird tables. Biggest problem we have now is that our neighbours have chickens, when they clean them out they throw the shavings and left over food onto their vegetable garden, which again encourages the rats
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 12:32 PM
I used to but the boys torment them, especially Archie. So I tend not to now.

We have a massive holly tree in the garden and a resident blackbird, who sings to us every day
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2009, 12:54 PM
I do feed the birds, I give them mainly table mix and peanuts in a feeder.

We regularly have a woodpecker visit, also nuthatch, a variety of tits, blackbirds, siskins and some finches, also a pair of male and a female pheasant, also a pair of squirrels (not so good for the birds).

We have two elderly cats who are not interested in chasing birds anymore.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3