Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
flow-wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2008, 08:14 AM

Polish,foreign or whatever they were!

Just got back from one of our daily walks ( school run ),decided to go through the local park,where it was quiet an no one around,so could take Flow off the lead,here she was having a whale of a time running around,chasing birds etc... when a few mins later,3 people come walking down the path...Flow wasnt fazed for a minute an took no notice,then she set off towards them...to get to the other side of the field.

Me thinking she was gonna jump all over them,but didnt,she slightly brushed against this tall woman's leg,no harm done.
The woman got hold of Flow an whacked her one around the head,even I dont smack her like that,but she gave her a punch,saw what she do an shouted ' Oi '!

I was fuming,an she gave me a torrent of abuse,definately foreigners but not the point.

What would you have done?
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by flow-wolf View Post
Just got back from one of our daily walks ( school run ),decided to go through the local park,where it was quiet an no one around,so could take Flow off the lead,here she was having a whale of a time running around,chasing birds etc... when a few mins later,3 people come walking down the path...Flow wasnt fazed for a minute an took no notice,then she set off towards them...to get to the other side of the field.

Me thinking she was gonna jump all over them,but didnt,she slightly brushed against this tall woman's leg,no harm done.
The woman got hold of Flow an whacked her one around the head,even I dont smack her like that,but she gave her a punch,saw what she do an shouted ' Oi '!

I was fuming,an she gave me a torrent of abuse,definately foreigners but not the point.

What would you have done?

First of all I am really, really sorry that someone hit your dog, I really am, and I would of been fuming too, especially over something so minor as a dog touching their leg.

But several things I noticed about your post, are you saying you hit your dog I hope not. Also if your dog won't recall back to you , then TBH it shouldn't be off lead in a park. You already said that you were amazed she didn't jump up at the people.Not everybody likes dogs, and if a dog comes running at them some people will go on the defensive, I am not condoning this ladies actions at all. But, you could of prevented your dog from being ion that situation.

I do think someones nationality is totally irrelevant too, and find the title, Polish , foreign , or whatever they were, strange.

I am sorry for your dog, and hope she is fine.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 08:42 AM
Mollie is overly friendly so we never put her in the position anyone could hurt her, as previous poster said recall is very important. Hope your dog is OK it's not OK the woman hit out but different cultures treat animals very differently to our own.
flow-wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2008, 08:44 AM
erm no i dont hit my dog,i said in the post i dont even hit my dog.. an was fuming when someone comes along like that an belts her one,for just brushing against the leg,there was no need for it.
Flow has a good recall,all she was doing was running past to get to the other side,she is very people friendly an does now an again go up to strangers,only to say ' hello ' .. never had a problem like that before.
This is mostly the only time in the day she can be let off lead an we make the most of it,we're always out early when no one's hardly around,these foreigners must have been on their way to work or something.

Yep well the title may be a bit strange,didnt know what else to put.
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2008, 08:47 AM
smacked her in the jaw and i wouldnt care if i was lifted and i wouldnt care how they treat animals in there country
Koda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2008, 08:54 AM
i woudlve had a FEW bloody words to have said.!!!!! thats for sure! no-one hits my dogs!!! especially not if they're only being friendly....i HATE people like that, think that a dog running toward them is going to attack or something stupid and get all defensive! once when walkin our dogs koda (and hes tiny!) ran upto this lady and wagged his tail saying hello, she looked petrified and scuttled off quickly! i mean c'mon?! its a puppy saying hello!!

xx i wouldve done more than give her a few words if i were you! its like some stranger on the street wacking your kid for doing nothing, just because they felt it was out of order for "coming into their zone" pfffttt.....grrr lol
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 08:59 AM
I'm surprised the woman managed to hit her as she was running past - people who have done this kind of thing to me have had to yell at me becasue the dogs are long gone !
I don't agree with what the woman did at all - but if it is a public place and anyone is allowed to walk there then she may have had a phobia of dogs - it is sometimes hard for us to understand how these people feel (I have a phobia of spiders and cannot bear to be close to them - I freak if one so much as touches me!).

The last time I got yelled at by someone I was walking on the dunes and a young (ish) couple were wakling past - my dogs paid no attention to them .... untill they said...'ohh...look at that one' and bent down towards her - she then jumped up and I got yelled at for not having my dogs under control
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 09:01 AM
I really am sorry your dog got hit, I really am, and if it had been one of mine I would have been fuming, believe me

BUT, not everybody likes dogs, and don't appreciate a dog going up to them ,no matter how friendly. So if your dog is very friendly like mine,it is you responsibilty to have your dog under control, for your dogs sake more than anything else. I just recall mine, clip them on their leads until the people pass, or they say it's okay.

In this anti dog world we live in, you have to protect you rdog from these types of situations.
flow-wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2008, 09:08 AM
my dog was under control,like i said she was only running past to get to the other side,she only brushed the woman's leg lightly to get by,there was no need to belt her one on the head.
And i basically got told to F&^* off! plus she rose her middle finger at me.. :S
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2008, 09:11 AM
Again not condoning anyone hitting your dog but what if the person was on the way to work and didn't want hair on her clothes ? My Hubby has to be very careful working with food he would love to say goodbye to our dogs in the morning but once he is in his uniform has to stay well away from them. If he arrived at work with hair on his clothes he could be sacked !
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »