Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Navigator
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-03-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
as long as you don't expect me to stick it in the bushes and scratch it so you can get past!
I don't get it! Its a Jeep - it was built to be scratched - to boldly go where no one has gone before! Through forests, up and down streams, over boulders and mountain tops. What do people think the high ground clearance and roll cage are for?

Tom
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
I don't get it! Its a Jeep - it was built to be scratched - to boldly go where no one has gone before! Through forests, up and down streams, over boulders and mountain tops. What do people think the high ground clearance and roll cage are for?

Tom
thats daft! a car was NOT built to be scratched!

its designed to carry passengers safely over different terrains!
Thats waht the roll cage and high ground clearance are for!

Just because it is needed for this does not mean you have to sacrifice pride in your belongings!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 02:57 PM

Tom
Why was a jeep built to be scrtched?
It was built to go over rugged terrain.
Thats like me saying little cars ment for cities are made to be crashed cos they drive them around other cars a lot.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 02:58 PM
We have a Jeep and have never encountered any hatred.
*Lorraine*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-03-2008, 03:01 PM
I've had 3 4x4's now.
The reason I own them is because I simply can't get in & out of lower vehicles.
Only last month though I was being questioned on why I have a 4x4 ( at a working trials comp) & I ended up towing one of the competitors out of the mud. So I do use it "properly" as & when I need to.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 03:52 PM
Cheers I see my oh is not alone,pmsl at some of the posts,they are brilliant,xxxxxxxxxx
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
My oh treated hiself to a jeep a few weeks ago.Ever since he has been moaning about people giving of unpleasant vibes when he is out and about with it.One of our neighbours can't help but show her hatred and is always drawing him dirty looks all the time.She even blocked the road when he was out washing it the other day there by parking opposite where he was parked and thought it was funny.
I wondered if any of you lot who drive them have problems too,you know the look like you have the plague just because your driving one,Would be very interesting in hearing your views for or even why people hate them,cheers all,xxxxxxx
We used to have an Isuzu 3 litre ,When we first got it we got some right resentful looks , then someone decided to bash the passenger door in which cost us over
£600 to get repaired ,And one neighbour actually said im glad they did that cos your harming the enviroment And other cars dont , The engine eventually blew up and messed up all the electrics we took just over a year to sort out every time the mechanic fixed one problem another arose , they after paying out nearly three grand in repairs we were told they were recalled due to manufactures fault ,But because ours weas originally imported by the previous owner we could not claim ,(red tape crap ) But I would defo buy another because they are a lovely cvehicle to drive and very handy when transporting three Boxers, At present we have a peaugout 307 SW ,Nice vehicle but you cant beat a nice 4/4 in my opion xx
Navigator
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-03-2008, 04:24 PM
alexandra and Hevvur:

And so say two representatives from the nation who gave the world the LandRover?

And small cars in big cities are not built to be crashed. The go to pieces when they do.

General Purpose vehicles (GP) - thats what Jeep "stands for - are built to withstand rougher treatment and scratches are a consequense of that treatment. The roll cage is to protect rhe driver and passengers, but also to allow the vehicle to be uprighted with minimal damage.

Maybe other people don't hate Jeep owners, but find them ridiculous.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 04:35 PM
alexandra and Hevvur:

And so say two representatives from the nation who gave the world the LandRover?

Im sorry but did i say i was a rep?

And small cars in big cities are not built to be crashed. The go to pieces when they do.
As do all cars!

General Purpose vehicles (GP) - thats what Jeep "stands for - are built to withstand rougher treatment and scratches are a consequense of that treatment. The roll cage is to protect rhe driver and passengers, but also to allow the vehicle to be uprighted with minimal damage.
Only if you allow it to get scratched! thats like saying family cars are built to get dents in doors as when they park in car parks some idiot always whacks your car!

Maybe other people don't hate Jeep owners, but find them ridiculous.

Erm whoa tigger! calm down! if anything were built to withstand SCRATCHS it would have scratch resistant paint!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
We used to have an Isuzu 3 litre ,When we first got it we got some right resentful looks , then someone decided to bash the passenger door in which cost us over
£600 to get repaired ,And one neighbour actually said im glad they did that cos your harming the enviroment And other cars dont , The engine eventually blew up and messed up all the electrics we took just over a year to sort out every time the mechanic fixed one problem another arose , they after paying out nearly three grand in repairs we were told they were recalled due to manufactures fault ,But because ours weas originally imported by the previous owner we could not claim ,(red tape crap ) But I would defo buy another because they are a lovely cvehicle to drive and very handy when transporting three Boxers, At present we have a peaugout 307 SW ,Nice vehicle but you cant beat a nice 4/4 in my opion xx
Now that's what I call a REAL 4 x 4 along with the Range Rovers, you actually see them out in the countryside doing their jobs! Half of the lookalikes on the road would get stuck in the mud quicker than my astra estate! Funnilly enough, I'll never forget we were at a horse show once and it poured all day as it does at horse shows, and because the cars had been parked in the field all day, most of them couldn't move. However, at the time we had a 6 series BMW, and guess what we towed out of the field????? You got it!!!!
Page 7 of 19 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »