Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 09:03 AM

rudeness of staff

Hi guys,
Just a quick moan,popped into the kwiksave by us this morning,put our few bits on the check out and asked for 10 ciggies,we haven't got any of those she said and before i got the chance to ask for something else she started to serve the person behind us.we hadn't even put our shopping into bags and it was getting mixed up with this ladies shopping.So she made us wait until she had finished seving this other person.
So i am going to write a letter to the manager saying they really need to improve their staff's attitude and relations with customers.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 09:08 AM
Don't blame you Sal - that is really rude and arrogant of her - she doesn't deserve a job with that attitude
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-05-2006, 10:47 AM
Seems to be the norm nowadays,I hate it when you pay for your shopping and they are then talking to a Colleague not work related and you are left standing like a lemon for them to take your money or card.and they don't say please ot thankyou and they don't talk properly.God sounding like my Mum am I getting old.
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 10:49 AM
maybe she just doesn't like smokers!

sorry... good idea to write a letter though.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by jess
maybe she just doesn't like smokers!

sorry... good idea to write a letter though.
but she isn't paid to like you ...but to serve you
Malinky
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-05-2006, 12:00 PM
Aww, she might have had a bad day up to then, I had something similar happen to me at a supermarket so I pulled a strop back, we had a minute of black looks and underlying bitchiness, then the guy behind me in the queue farted and we both cracked up (the smell was terrible and followed by a funny comment off the guy in question we couldn't do anything else!) We laughed off the incident, she apologised, I apologised, it all ended well.

The shop's local to you, people you know will probably be served by her, ask about, if it turns out she's like that the majority of the time then write a letter and get her butt kicked into gear, but she could just be having an off day for any number or reasons, granny died, sick dog or something, ahh we're all grouchy some times (me between the hours of 8am-9am!)
AlbionLass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-05-2006, 12:28 PM
I thought Kwik Save had closed all their stores down?
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-05-2006, 01:14 PM
People can be so bloody rude, I was at pets smart the last week with Ian and the guy just looked through and served the person behind us. We were 1st in line, I just starred at him I was shocked.

Boyfriend made a comment to him and the divvy little **** apologised, If it were me I would have gone mad, probably pulled him over the counter and slapped the spotty little oink.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2006, 01:18 PM
She's always like it,hardly ever makes conversation and when you try you get yes or no answers,conversation killer i call her.
She was rude to me last week when i asked for some boxes,she said we don't keep them,and i told her one of the guys had kept some for me,so she replied,huh suppose i better go find him then to sort it out.It's the attitude that goes with it too,like everything's to much trouble.
AlbionLass
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-05-2006, 01:19 PM
Staff at Kwik-Save ( and a lot of other retail jobs) are in all probablility on minimum wage and you know what they say 'You pay peanuts....you get monkeys' and while this in no way excuses having a bad attitude I know that if my life consisted of standing behind a till in a down market supermarket I'd be pretty bolshy too.

If I'm slumming it I usually shop in Lidl and while I really like the stuff they sell ( their smoked salmon is great value) I hate the way the staff are trained.
For starters my local branch staff are mainly immigrants with very little English so they aren't in any way conversational but they have to get the customers through the check-outs as fast as possibly and literally through the goods off the end of the till at you, you are not allowed to pack at the cheque-out you have to put your bags and groceries in your trolley and pack on the surface at the backor the line of check-outs. Plus they don't have hand baskets which is really annoying.

I
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >