Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
squeakzzz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-09-2014, 03:20 AM

Kenny the White Tiger

An article on care2.com popped up of a white tiger named Kenny who had down syndrome resulting from purposely done inbreeding at a zoo. I started reading it because his picture looked so unreal but it os heartbreaking. What I can't figure out is why was he the only one brought to the public? I tried searching for other tigers from the same resulting cases but found none. I did however find articles of people inbreeding white tigers for 20+ years from the same batch they started with. So what happened to the other tigers that had deformities like Kenny? Obviously not every single one could of been a stillborn. Were they killed and thrown away because they didn't look pretty enough? I really would like to know what the zoos and breeders are hiding? How many animals in zoos are a result of cruelly done inbreeding? There is a lot that is going unsaid and kept hush hush. I cant find a single thing but Kenny's case. I also found that white tigers in the u.s zoos are primarily for show and are not bred to keep an endangered species going considering they are a cross of bengal and siberian and the white colorings are of a double recessive gene that comes from inbreeding. I feel bad for animals in zoos anyway, considering the ones I been to are caged in a concrete flooring or very dirty habitats. There is one where I live that is free admission and smaller. The animals are in a very large habitat that is not fenced caging but rather stone walls with a couple windows so they having plenty of privacy. Although it looks nice, captivity would make me go crazy. Why do zoos get away with so much cruelity?