Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
Good to see the schools now being blamed for this.

society to openly resent the educators, and acceptable for a blooming fair chunk of society to "get down that school and give that silly cow what for."
Who`s blaming schools
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-08-2011, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I have just read some of the posts on this thread and I am appalled.Not only at the level of ignorance but the level of bigotry displayed.

Mirrors are very useful.................
And I think you will find the majority of the country is appalled at the way this country has gone, due to the its not their fault and PC brigade attitude that is displayed by some,

Bigotry and ignorance........I dont think so.... disbelief, anger, frustration despair, are more of a description of what this country is feeling at the moment.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
And I think you will find the majority of the country is appalled at the way this country has gone, due to the its not their fault and PC brigade attitude that is displayed by some,

Bigotry and ignorance........I dont think so.... disbelief, anger, frustration despair, are more of a description of what this country is feeling at the moment.
Great post
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I have just read some of the posts on this thread and I am appalled.

Not only at the level of ignorance but the level of bigotry displayed.

Mirrors are very useful.................
Please elaborate as to what you feel is ignorant or biggoted and then why don't you tell us what you would like the government to do?

We are all entitled to opinions, whether they be educated opinions or not...maybe by discussing things it may change some peoples views...I have had my eyes opened on a couple of matters.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Interesting thread Sheree

I'll have to get my thinking cap on though because who knows where to start with sorting out the state this country is in at the moment.

Jackbox, I think you have hit the nail on the head, it is the majority of this country who feel such anger and frustration at the state are country is in. A yougov poll suggests that 90% of the population support using water cannon against the rioters and as many as 33% are happy for live ammunition to be used on the rioters
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Who`s blaming schools
We had the utter garbage about the school office chasing an absence... somehow being linked to the riots... seriously!

And yep - people DO sit and churn out kids. My cousin finally reached the end of her silly sucide "attempts" (which she never intended to succeed) getting her signed off work and the "get a job" net finally beginning to tighten... immediately ended up pregnant, kids' hitting nursery age - bam pregnant again. She's doing it full well to play the system, resents her kid and complains endlessly - just doesn't want to have to work and it gets them off her case for a few years.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 05:11 PM
And yep - people DO sit and churn out kids. My cousin finally reached the end of her silly sucide "attempts" (which she never intended to succeed) getting her signed off work and the "get a job" net finally beginning to tighten... immediately ended up pregnant, kids' hitting nursery age - bam pregnant again. She's doing it full well to play the system, resents her kid and complains endlessly - just doesn't want to have to work and it gets them off her case for a few years.
I know several people who do this. As soon as one kids old enough for them to start working they're suddenly pregnant again.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
You have proof of this vote rigging do you ???? If so you should report it to the police for investigation
Sorry Dyane...I'm having problems with my computer, it played up when I tried to cut and paste earlier so I will try and respond bit by bit, I may have to edit a couple of times

With regards to the terrorists..I get what you're saying about them coming and attacking and killing innocent people, but what about the service personnel that have been killed for reasons that have nothing to do with us? I expect their families would love nothing better than to have the government pull out of these conflicts. If we weren't involved it doesn't make us weak..you don't see all the other countries of the world sending in troops...they just keep themselves to themselves.

The 3rd world countries...yes, I understand what you are saying there, I just wish there was more being done to help them, imagine how much could be sent by our government if they weren't paying for wars.

I also get what you're saying about the news and reporters, especially in view of all the recent events and I did mean to put an eye roll icon after that bit. One thing though why would they say we are bailing these countries out if we're not? Surely those countries would have something to say about it if we are reporting about helping them and we're not?

Immigrants - when I was signing on I had to have a booklet and letter to prove that I was seeking work, the people that I witnessed did not have a book, there was no point, the staff were tearing their hair out especially as so many of them were being made redundant at the time. I knew a lot of the staff in the job centre as I used to work alongside them when placing staff in their vacancies, we would talk like friends talk Prior to that, when I was a recruitment consultant we had Polish and Portuguese suddenly appear to register for work, they couldn't speak English a lot of the time, they had nowhere to live...the only thing I could do for them was to give the the details of the gangmasters who would provide lodgings for them and set them onto work. Many had forged paperwork so we weren't able to register them anyway. That said, I also had some superb applicants, doctors and other well educated people who had to accept jobs over here as cleaners and factory staff as they were the only jobs open to them...some very hard workers indeed.

The vote rigging was on the tv and in the newspapers, if the police want any proof then they can contact them. As I agreed earlier, I know that the reporters aren't whiter than white but, if they are identifiying candidates sending voting papers to people that don't exist, they must have been pretty sure of their facts.

Not sure if I covered everything you mentioned...I know I'm possibly not as well educated as some and I am happy to be put right on anything I have misconstrued.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Interesting thread Sheree

I'll have to get my thinking cap on though because who knows where to start with sorting out the state this country is in at the moment.

Jackbox, I think you have hit the nail on the head, it is the majority of this country who feel such anger and frustration at the state are country is in. A yougov poll suggests that 90% of the population support using water cannon against the rioters and as many as 33% are happy for live ammunition to be used on the rioters
Thanks Jane

I did know when I started it that there would be a conflict of opinions, we all have different interpretations of what we think is going on, it is really interesting to see who thinks what and also what suggestions they are coming up with.
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

11-08-2011, 05:32 PM
On the subject of National Service, I raised this with an ex-serviceman today and his opinion was much the same as mine. The armed forces, who we all hold in great esteem, do not have the facilities/manpower to act as nursemaids. Nor should they be asked to. Our armed forces are supposed to be highly skilled professionals, not a rag-tag bunch of unwilling conscripts!
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »