register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Is CM improving as a TV trainer & offering more apt advice
Yes 45 52.33%
No 41 47.67%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Closed Thread
Page 54 of 84 « First < 4 44 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 64 > Last »
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 11:48 AM
I still think we should have a special section for CM and similar (e-collars, early neutering etc) or maybe a warning to read through the thread first?
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by JanieM View Post
I think you probably have to request your account be closed by one of the mods.
Thanks for that, just have
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I still think we should have a special section for CM and similar (e-collars, early neutering etc) or maybe a warning to read through the thread first?
I dont think there is a need as there are claerly other people on here that like CM, i just think it would be proocative.
Just respect each other, no matter how much you dont agree. I was taught that lesson by a very wise dogsy person on a breeding thread and its helped me no end in so many situations since, especially when dealing with puppy farm breeders, who actually make my blood boil, but what would i acheive by giving them a mouth full...a dead dog probably!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
I dont think there is a need as there are claerly other people on here that like CM, i just think it would be proocative.
Just respect each other, no matter how much you dont agree. I was taught that lesson by a very wise dogsy person on a breeding thread and its helped me no end in so many situations since, especially when dealing with puppy farm breeders, who actually make my blood boil, but what would i acheive by giving them a mouth full...a dead dog probably!
This wasn`t aimed at you . I`ve expressed this view before on similar occasions.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
This wasn`t aimed at you . I`ve expressed this view before on similar occasions.
Oh now, i didnt think it was, please dont feel unable to post anything without me being upset, thats not my intention.
I just didnt personally think there was a need, but i geuss that is for everyone to decide on here. Maybe a new thread?
Sorry again.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 12:10 PM
It sounds abit OTT to me to be leaving based on this. Becky is not nasty or a bully, she is just very passionate about animal welfare.

I have been on the firing line heaps on here (I think they're just jealous of my looks ,but hey ;o) but I take it all with a pinch of salt now as 99.9% of the time/people is/are very educating and interesting.

It's up to you of course, but just my opinion, especially as I see you are already going away with some things to consider.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
It sounds abit OTT to me to be leaving based on this. Becky is not nasty or a bully, she is just very passionate about animal welfare.

I have been on the firing line heaps on here (I think they're just jealous of my looks ,but hey ;o) but I take it all with a pinch of salt now as 99.9% of the time/people is/are very educating and interesting.

It's up to you of course, but just my opinion, especially as I see you are already going away with some things to consider.
But i have felt bullied by Becky and not just on this thread.
I tried to move forwards with her, but she didnt want to, im sure she is a lovely person, but that does not excuse threatening.
I to am passionate about animal welfare, it has taken over my life, so much so, i gave up work, i have been fortunate enough to be able to do so, with the support of my wonderful partner.
But as i said before i was shown another way to be, which has been so much more succesfull with what i have wanted to acheive. This was by a dogsy member, so wonderful things have happened here that have literally changed my life.

So whilst you may feel its OTT i just want a quiet life and i for a third time have been upset on here, so im just going to go with my new infomation and learn from that.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Its easy though just Unsubscribe from this thread & add Becky to your Ignore list.

Ive said some pretty awful things on Dogesy, that i have meant with all my heart but shpould have probaley stayed in my head. But at the end of the Day it is only My opinion & im not the dog police.

If you are happy with your methods then thats up to you. The thing is if you dont what opinions on your opinions then not to post them!!!!!

CM is too me perfectly hopeless & a joke, no one wins but himself.IMO hes full of his own self esteem & bluster & is at best Ignorant & at worse cruel. Im not saying his "pro" peeps are, & why would my (someone who dosent know you) op matter to anyone on here anyway if i hadnt seen them with their dogs? I dont think all pro CMers are cruel. But i hope if one of my posts just makes them "think" more about it then im happy, then if they still think , "yes, i DO still agree with it" then fair dues!!!!!!

We are all on here to learn & hopefully have a few laughs along the way. There is alot of Experince Knowleadge & talent on here.

Stay on Dogsey, it always blows over!!!!!!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
No, i work with mums and dads who smack and dont smack children. There are fors and against. I would give them all the information and it would be for them to make their own mind up.
A heated discussion is not a problem, but i feel targetted and distressed. Someone who equally does not agree with me has posted lots with me, but has had no aggression and actually spelt that out to me. I have tried to do the same too and move forward in a polite manner, but its continued.
So for my own well being i shall leave, take on board the advise and look into things some more.
If someone can help me close the account that is? Please
No hard feelings
Gemma
What a shame Gemma - that you should feel so.

I hope you guys are proud of yourselves. Yet another perfectly nice and decent person has been driven away just because you lot disagree with her points of view.

This is not good discussion, this is not good debate, this is one-sided bullying and picking on someone who does not share your view. As you all very well know, I am a CM supporter (with 1 or 2 niggles), and am more than capable of holding my own on this forum, on this subject, or any other that I care passionately about. Not everyone is so robust as myself ... and it has to be said at times even I have felt threatened and under attack to say the least.

I have kept out of this latest diatribe, because it is just so boring, but I wanted to put my 2 pennorth in about the situation. I can quite understand how Gemma feels.

There are many dog forums that promulgate good debate. Dogsey is not one of them, which is a shame.

So you people who have hounded and heckled Gemma into wanting to close her account ... well done you guys, I bet you are really pleased with yourselves.

You say that CM is a bully ... can't you see that YOU are being just that, by not allowing anybody to hold a view that is different from your own.

Shame on you
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-09-2009, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post

That is a ridiculous and frankly a very nasty thing to say Pidge! You think that Gemma, or myself, as CM fans are not passionate about animal welfare ??

My two great passions are dogs closely followed by horses. I would never ever do anything to harm either a dog or a horse, and have been heavily involved in Welfare rescue etc. etc. with both species.
Closed Thread
Page 54 of 84 « First < 4 44 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 64 > Last »