Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2019, 06:02 AM

Daily Thread Monday 24th June

Good morning everyone

Thinking of you Harvey and hope the treatment goes well. Bruno sounds a right clown My first Afghan was like that let him of the lead and when you wanted him he would wait then duck away until he was ready.

Nice you cafe thinks Dave needs feeding up Chris but as you safe little and often will get hm there.

Sorry about your friend Griff - Hugs

Overcast here at the moment but warm. About to take Teazle out and then off for the monthly shop.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2019, 06:03 AM
Good morning everyone, another lovely morning, hope it is going to last. I trust you and yours are fit and in fine fettle.
Have a good day all, keep warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-06-2019, 07:10 AM
Morning Sue, Moyra and all to follow.
Very hot here wondering of we will get the storm the country is threatened with today. Had Dillon out by 6.
We can expect even higher temps from tomorrow onwards I believe. You should be ok Chris it says Skegness and surrounding areas will be about usual for this time of year or a little less than normal.

Bruno sounds like a real cheeky boy Harvey.
Sorry to hear about your friend griff.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2019, 07:27 AM
Morning each and all to come. Well I watched Beecham House. Did anyone else. It was ok but I will wait until I have watched another before deciding whether to contnnue with it. Have a good day peeps.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-06-2019, 07:37 AM
Morning brenda. No I didn't watch Beecham house think I've seen it advertised.
Tend not to watch to much of BBC lately or ITv only catch up stuff.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2019, 08:44 AM
Good morning.

Not the fore fold thunder or anything last night. No good plans for today apart from waiting for my friend to confirm if she can have holiday at work then we are off to Lanzarote in October, this year seems to have flown by seems only moments ago with Mom and my Aunt I did not have a minute to take a breathe here. Anyhow hey ho.

Sue
An old manager of mine had an afghan back in the 80's a bit of a flake she appeared at first glance but actually a lovely dog deceptive I think he reminded me of my Aunts Red setters a bit "airy fairy" in a nice way as a youngster. Monthly shop already shows has fast we are moving on.

Moyra Have a good day yourself. Did Steve find out any more about your daughter hope all is well.

Lynn I am with you on the thunder storm query. Have a good day did your neighbour collect his package, and how did your brother get on driving over?

Brenda I did not watch it but did Sky+ it will watch before next week, had a visitor so unable to. What are your plans for today?

Chris Your café sounds like a lovely place is a little off mark this time. But God Love 'em for the gesture. Does hubby have any follow up appointments or is he free and clear now.

Losos Your lad sounds like a lovable buffoon like he is sharing his personality with you is lovely. Have a good day and hope Mrs Losos is doing well.
To all of you have a great day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-06-2019, 08:55 AM
Morning Kazz oh there's a tale. No he did not come round and I did not want to start the habit of taking parcels in for people then having to do the leg work delivering them..If I'm home i will take parcels in and consider it good manners for people to come and collect them asap, I always make sure delivery company leaves a not informing where it has been left.
In this case he knocked and asked and knew the day it was being delivered. Anyway Friday I could hear him around lunch time out the back so i got the step and called him he apologised and said he had been coming in late and didn't like to knock.
Well i knew farewell he had been home around 5 every day and Friday at lunchtime he only had to get out of his van and walk up to our door to collect it. Maybe he has early dementia so will keep an open mind.
I found out something I didn't know the houses in that row the gardens are split so there is a communal path running along his house next door and the third one has a gate onto the path but has a full length garden, so in some ways it was handy as I know now why his dogs bark it must be when the neighbours use the path think he keeps his little dog in a shed when out and that the children going by in the mornings on their scooters belong to neighbours further along.
Also the woman with the pushchair and small children doesn't live there like I thought I often wondered why she didn't shut the dogs up when they get so noisy now I know.
Also if we need any work doing on the side of the bungalow that runs along that path down the side to access the communal path along the back we will not worry about leaving a note as it is a communal path for all not us but not his actual path so won't feel like we are trespassing now.

Michael did fine with the drive but the first bridge they should of taken had two lorries blocking the road further along so the police had shut it off thankfully the second bridge further along is now open after the strengthening works since january so all in all not a bad journey either unlike the first time they visited.
He seems to be gaining his confidence after the accident so that's good news.

Hoping your friend can get her holidays.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2019, 11:49 AM
Kazz, Steve is a floor and wall tiler and my daughter asked him to tile her new kitchen. He showed me a photo the kitchen has large patio doors right across and an island in the centre, but the tiles are mirror tiles and reflect all the garden immediately outside, Looks lovely but not me. They have had mates rates on the job so no profit!

She has done the dirty on him in the past agreeing to his seclusion from his father's will and he lost out terribly from that so did I as he owed me £20 K put into a mortgage and he upped and died and his second wife got the lot. I am still unsure what the situation is about the 20K. It doesn't solve problems just makes complications and I need no complications, it is up to Steve and Wendy to sort the whole problem out. They can do as they please if they need my signature or consent then ok. xxx
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2019, 01:23 PM
Good afternoon all.

Warm and 'close' morning here. There's that feeling that a thunder storm is close. Enjoyable morning regardless.

Lynn, I hope it's right that we'll miss the worst of the heat. I absolutely hate it when it's too hot. We keep the majority of our walk in shady areas when it is, but I've told OH in no uncertain terms that if we get a repeat of last year's hot weather, Rosie is getting a dog pram for the bits where we have to walk in the sun or on concrete/tarmac. Last year, I picked her up where there was no grass, but boy did my arms ache afterwards .

Kazz, yep he's supposed to have an appointment in about 4 weeks, but we haven't had a letter yet.

Time to get the Kindle out me thinks - a lazy afternoon in prospect
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2019, 03:11 PM
Kazz 2nd part of Beecham House is this evening. Enjoy.