View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2007, 03:26 PM
I think you've put it perfectly A, spot on! Feel what feels comfortable to you, and your kids, and what they're used to getting too. If circumstances have changed and you're not able to afford what you would normally, then hopefully, they'll quite understand and be grateful for what they've got.

Oh I know that feeling well Shona, I'm the same, some people can buy just the perfect presents can't they and no matter what the cost you always like it! I'm sure they don't think the present you buy are a pile of p"sh either! MInd you, it would be interesting sometimes to be a fly on the wall wouldn't it I really try my hardest to find the right present for the right person, but I do sometimes wonder!

It must be very hard not to overdo things with an only child too, I'd have to leave the plastic at home if I had an only child I'm sure of it!My sil has 3 children, two older boys and one younger girl, and to me, the youngest girl has always got a lot more than the 2 boys, and I think they know it, but have accepted it over the years! If you asked her I suppose she'd say they had the same amount spent on each, but it sure didn't look that way to me. I suppose boys must be use to this though!! Get's them prepared for later on in life when they end up the givers and not the receivers hey!!??
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7