View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-12-2007, 01:24 PM
It really doesn't matter how much you spend on Christmas presents for your kids so long as it fits in with your financial circumstances.

As I said in my last post my three will all get £500.00 cash for Christmas, but that's because I can afford it this year. On previous years they have had as little as a £100.00 each depending on how the years been financially.

The only time I get extravagant is for their 18th birthday, as each of them has received a car and 20 driving lessons through a friend of mine who's a driving instructor.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-12-2007, 01:33 PM
I detest christmas but they both get £150 whether in cash or as a pressie, in fact it's probably the only thing not affected by inflation as it's remained the same since they were about 10 They're both happy with it.
I tend to spend more on birthdays and they can have what they want within reason. They both had a car for their 17th complete with driving lessons etc. although actually that was my choice not theirs. Apart from that 18th, 21st are all treated the same as any other age.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 02:41 PM
I had offered to get gordon a block of lessons and a car for his 17th but he said he would rather wait,
I nearly fell over,,,then again why bother driving when you have a slave,,,aka me,
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I had offered to get gordon a block of lessons and a car for his 17th but he said he would rather wait,
I nearly fell over,,,then again why bother driving when you have a slave,,,aka me,
You are going to just have to remove that TAXI sign off of your car roof.
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Blimin heck there are some right lucky kids out there!
When we were younger myself and my brothers would get about £50-100 each from parents.

Now we are older we get about the same.
running cloud
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-12-2007, 03:39 PM
My kids are 17 & 14 they usually get 200 each from my ex's father but only 150 each from us, may be differant this year as we split up in August,i dont feel that they require huge amounts of money but they need to understand what things cost and ask for what they will use not what they just fancy!!
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 05:59 PM
I think far too much money is spent at Christmas, too many people get themselves into debt trying to keep up with everyone else and end up paying for it through the next year. I think you should buy what you can afford, what is the point in getting into debt.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-12-2007, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by Callum View Post
Well I guess im gonna seem tight. We will spend around £120 on our 5 yr old this year. Itd be more if we had it tho. Her bday was in Nov which doesnt help the xmas fund either, she also gets from other family members so I dont think she is too hard done by.

Better than I did I can tell you
Dont worry you arent gonna get a paragraph on my childhood
TIGHT???????? A well-spent tenner is way more than enough!

Snorri
Callum
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Last 2 posts are spot on
Lozzy100
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-12-2007, 12:00 PM
What a good thread, i beleive its not the cost but the thought,
I normaly spend between 100-140 each on a main prezzy then get odds and sods as stocking fillers, mind you last year they had designer perfume and cloths etc in their stockings,,,where has the days gone where you would be happy with an orange and apple or a lump of coal if you were naughty..lol this year i have already spent 800 on the kids, mind you there is 7 urg and i have not started on the stockings yet..this time last year i had it all done and was all wrapped up ready to put round the tree, this year i just cannot be asked..mind you the older two who are now nearly 18 and nearly 19 wont be getting as much as the younger ones due to the fact they are older, and one of which does not work and is not even trying to find a job and lives here rent free and food free..urg so think that with that one inpaticular a nice small gesture is enough, mind you she has pink limited edition 2007 ghd hair straightners and i wot type in the price ....but i am sure like everyone it will be a great day regardless. or do i sound mean
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >