Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 11:34 PM

how much do you spend on kids at xmas

Every year I start to think about,,,Do I spend/give Gordon enough for xmas,
last year he only wanted money,,so I gave him £350 cash,,half before xmas and half after so he could get the benifit of the sales, I did buy him some presents too, so I guess add another £90 to that, he is 17 years old now, I thought just give him the same as last year,,I think the most expensive year would have been three years ago when he got his drum kit, it cost 550 then all the other stuff he got like cloths and stuff, that year it all added up to about £800 Now he does ok at xmas,,as he gets from all of dougies family, including dougies aunties and so on, he gets from all of my family,,, he also gets from his dad, his new wifes family, and to top it all,,before I met gordons dad he had been married and had two kids, so gordon also gets from his dads ex,,,and his two big brothers, who are now married,,so he tends to get from there familys too, pheew think thats it,

just wondered what others think is fair, do I give him to much? or am I being mean?
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 11:48 PM
We spend about £400 each on ours, and they get from family only on my OHs side and my sister on my side and my adopted sis dk so they do ok, more and more kids get too much now days how do people do it every year? I seem to be saving from january to dec every year, but they have a pony and he takes some keeping also. so in answere to your'e question no shona your not mean he does ok.well brilliant
xx toni xx
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 11:49 PM
Wow, thats loads!

Was talking to my Mum the other day about how much she spends on us....
Now she spends £100 each (Me, Isochick, and our hubbies) on main presents, then another £20-£50 on little presents.

Even when Iso and I were younger, we never got that much spent on us - we got 1 main present, and lots of little ones.
One year our main present was a second hand Sindy house - we loved it!

I hope I don't offend anyone, but I think parents go way over the top with presents for their kids - and I think most kids don't actually appreciate how much they get spent on them, or how hard their parents have had to work.
Kids these days seem to expect more and more every year, and aren't happy unless they get a shed load of presents.

Iso and I never expected that much to be spent on us....one year we got a video play to share! That was another excellent present!
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 11:56 PM
I don't give my son half of that Shona,mind you he is nearly 21 yrs old now.I decided everyone else should get a little more this year than they normally do instead.My son has never wanted excessive gifts and is quite happy with whatever I give him,xxxxxxxxxxxx
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-12-2007, 12:17 AM
Mine are all getting £500.00 each to spend in the sales.

As my lot are all grown up now 17, 18 & 22 no matter what I was to buy them it wouldn't be right or fashionable. So cash is the easiest way to go.

For Michelle I have seen a really nice pair of diamond earrings and matching necklace, but I just can't make up my mind if she will like them or not. God she's hard to buy for.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 12:19 AM
thanks guys, to be fair,,he spends it on cloths, which I guess is in my favour,,,If he bought rubbish with it I think I would be less willing to hand so much over, I would then need to buy his cloths, too though,,, I think most folk worrie thought dont they,,,I think gordon gets a bit more because I only have the one,,,,thank god,
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 12:20 AM
Originally Posted by Colin Bradish View Post
Mine are all getting £500.00 each to spend in the sales.

As my lot are all grown up now 17, 18 & 22 no matter what I was to buy them it wouldn't be right or fashionable. So cash is the easiest way to go.

For Michelle I have seen a really nice pair of diamond earrings and matching necklace, but I just can't make up my mind if she will like them or not. God she's hard to buy for.

in general,,you cant go wrong with diamonds,,,honest colin,
Now I feel mean,,,should I give him more cash,,should I buy him more pressies and give him the normal cash llllloh what to do ??/
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 12:51 AM
blimey! i wish someone would give me that!!!! from parents/grandparents/aunts/uncles etc. i usually get around £100 worth of gifts and roughly £200 with friends.... how come i end up spending about £600 then

i hate the presents - i always have to tell people what i would like although im very easily pleased, i always have had to! the moment someone knows what to buy me i know ive met my perfect partner!!!!
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 12:52 AM
sorry didnt mean i actually hate the presents! i hate the fact that none of my family bother to actually know me!!!
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 12:56 AM
Originally Posted by Kicks View Post
blimey! i wish someone would give me that!!!! from parents/grandparents/aunts/uncles etc. i usually get around £100 worth of gifts and roughly £200 with friends.... how come i end up spending about £600 then

i hate the presents - i always have to tell people what i would like although im very easily pleased, i always have had to! the moment someone knows what to buy me i know ive met my perfect partner!!!!
It's not the amount people spend that should matter eh?It's the thought that counts,I'm not hard to buy for either.xxxxxxx
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »