Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-07-2019, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Gorden has now brought some horrible lurgy home from London.

That took me back 20 years, I used to go down very early on a Monday feeling fine and pretty much every Friday evening I would have a sore throat, headache, and often some bug and would be feeling rough. Used to take most of Saturday to get over it, so that was half the weekend gone already

Don't miss those days one bit
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

06-07-2019, 09:20 PM
Had rain today but it stopped just long enough to get the terible two out to Knettishall where Xena always has such a good time.

Heard some weird noises comming from the trees not that far away. I think it's the male Munjack deer challenging another male, but it might be something else.

Thanks everyone for your good wishes for Monday
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2019, 09:41 PM
Harvey, ask for an anti nausea before treatment...I was on ondasteron (sp) it will make you quite bunged up so you will want senna tablets and movicol too, did they mention oral thrush? You will want Nystatin for that, weird green mouth rinse but I actually got to like the taste. I don't know if you get a lot of visitors but, I found that people can be quite thoughtless...will happily turn up with coughs colds etc, my brother was one and my mum basically told him to do one lol. You might also find that you go right off the things you used to really like....I couldn't touch coffee for 6 months, it used to make me want to be sick. You might not feel like eating either, my GP told me to scoff a bit of chocolate as it contains everything you need...obvs not a long term thing and a no no if you are diabetic. Please keep a close eye on yourself and don't do a "me" and ignore stuff, I had a cough after my first session...I left it and eventually went to the Dr, they gave me me another antibiotic to add to the one I was already on...I left it again and was no better, my sats had dropped a lot and I was struggling for breath, we t to hospital and I had double pneumonia! So a worsening cough, sore throat etc and get checked asap, just tell the reception staff you are on chemo and you will wait outside...that way you keep yourself away from the bugs. Hope I haven't scared you or anything but I pretty much fumbled my way through ignoring a lot of things as " I didn't want to bother anyone"
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

07-07-2019, 12:23 PM
Griffy, thanks, fantastic information, I won't be having any visitors, my brother said he would come but when he found out it was a 'day' clinic he changed his mind

I've printed off your post, will give me something to discuss while I'm in they have given me a 24 hr emergancy number which I hope I will not need
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2019, 12:28 PM
If you feel any burning in your hands or arm whilst having the chemo say immediately
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2