Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-06-2019, 01:58 PM
Afternoon Kazz glad to hear all ok.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2019, 02:38 PM
Have read about the problem with the dog Lynn and I am sorry to say that if it were me and I knew the dog was shut in a shed in this weather and not walked then I would have to report him even if it meant reprisals. So, now I have said it I am off to meet my friend off the bus. Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-06-2019, 03:48 PM
Afternoon brenda.
Enjoy your time with your friend.

Taken your comment on board brenda but I do not have 100% clarity on either things mentioned as I mentioned this is what i think. I do know my neighbours the other side have in the past reported him and it was followed up and neighbours told there was nothing to worry them to take any action.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-06-2019, 09:43 PM
Hi all

Yes, dogs barking consistently is not good but as you say Lynn it's tricky if you don't have all the facts and I also agree to go slowly as you are relatively new, you don't want to make trouble and there may well be a way to resolve this further down the line.

With our two it's interesting, if they are inside at night they never bark, but Xena especially seems to get hot some nights and wants to go out and when I open the door Bruno is there in a microsecond so they both go out.

If it's all silent they don't bark but a few nights ago there was either a fox or a muntjack deer making a 'calling' noise, it was a long way off and I could barely hear it but the two of them heard it OK and Bruno was barking

This was about 1am so I called them back inside, Xena came immediately and Bruno followed shortly after and they both settled down until 6am.

Our neighbours on both sides are good, they know that if you live in the sticks you will get wild life making noises at night, there are badgers as well, but as I said if our two are inside there's no problem, it's just that they have two fur coats and in the hot weather they prefer to be outside.

Thanks again for all your kind comments, we are adjusting to the situation here and I will keep you updated, hopefully without banging on about things too much
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2019, 09:53 PM
Hey lovely to see you Losos, how nice their personalities are shinning through now.

Gert is not a barker thankfully as she has in my opnion a horrible bark quite high pitched all my Staffs have had deep barks but not this one. She gives an annoying "yip" if her toy/ball gets stuck under something if her effort of standing like a statue by where offending toy is and tail wagging has not got my attention. Also if a Pidgeon/magpie/gull has not got the message and moved as far or quickly enough in the garden/greenery or fence/shed line as she thinks it should. Occasionally if a any dog gives a bark of what I would call alarm/warning she joins in with one or two barks but on all occasions a quick "Oi" or "no need for you to join in" silences her. I am told when I am not in and someone comes to the door she will and does bark but quickly goes quiet again which surprises me as when I come in I have to wake her up.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-06-2019, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Afternoon brenda.
Enjoy your time with your friend.

Taken your comment on board brenda but I do not have 100% clarity on either things mentioned as I mentioned this is what i think. I do know my neighbours the other side have in the past reported him and it was followed up and neighbours told there was nothing to worry them to take any action.

Lynn I wonder if when they say shed it is actually an outside kennel.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2