Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2019, 06:57 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday. 20th August. 2019

Good morning all, trust you and yours are all well. Harvey, hope you do not feel too bad. Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2019, 07:01 AM
Good morning moire and all who follow

Oh dear Griff about the car. Was all that damage caused when'd they broke the windows with the hammer if so I would have thought that is criminal damage. Hope you get a satisfactory reply from the Chief Superintendent

Hope you aren't feeling too bad tide Harvey

Lovely and sunny here. Have a bit of dead heading to do but the ground is too wet to do much with at the moment.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe/
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-08-2019, 08:21 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all to follow.

Sunny here to today and a bit warmer also.

Well we managed to get Dillon shut in while having his breakfast today we were going to get ready to go out get some breakfast and look for paper or paint for the chimney breast while waiting for the surround to arrive and hearth.
Hearth arriving Friday it said. Checked and guess what it is coming today. We might get out later if it arrives at a reasonable time if not we will playing trap Dillon again later in the week.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2019, 10:30 AM
Morning all
Yes Sue, it is criminal damage...no contact at all from the police... it's madness
Lynn, hope the hearth arrives promptly
I have the hospital later... getting injections into my knees
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-08-2019, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Morning all
Yes Sue, it is criminal damage...no contact at all from the police... it's madnessI have the hospital later... getting injections into my knees
So some nutter bashes the car with a hammer, damages the roof beyong repair (You probably know more than me but roofs are tricky things to replace, something to do withh 'structural component' whatever that means Anyway I still hope you get some sort of reply from The Police.

Hope the hospital goes OK and injections not to painful.

Chris - I have also noticed several cases of RNLI and others going out to rescue people in unsuitable boats at sea. Respect the sea is a motto my father drummed into me, he was in the merchant navy for five years so knew what he was talking about. These days people seem to think it doesn't matter, they are in a boat, they can see the shore, what can happen Well a lot can happen as we've seen this year in particular.

Thanks for all your thoughts on yesterday chemo session (The 3rd. and hopefully the last) Because they give me some steroids to mitigate the effects it is OK now, the steroids finish in 5 days and that's when it all goes downhill
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2019, 11:44 AM
Good afternoon all.

Not a bad day again weather-wise so a nice walk again.

My mum and dad always drove the message home to us when we were kids that the sea was not to be messed about with. Seems that these days even the mums and dads don't know the rules.

Is this your last chemo, Harvey? If so, you'll no doubt have a barrage of tests coming up which I truly hope shows that you are beating the bejeevers out of the invader.

If you'd been desperate for an early delivery on that fireplace Lynn, you can bet your life that it would have been later than advised . At least this way it's all there ready for when you want to fit it
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-08-2019, 04:27 PM
Teazle we are please to say has got the all clear from the vets. She is back to normal at last as today she is getting into her old routine of demanding a biscuit at usual times

This is her this afternoon with her gob stopper

Think I should take up animal photo portraits as a business
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2019, 06:18 PM
My email has been passed for the attention of the commander for my area...I have given them every opportunity to be in touch
Awww look at Teazle
Harvey... hope this is your last session and your markers are all down and the tumours have beggered off!
Injections weren't too bad, first felt nothing as I have no feeling in the skin in my right knee...left made me hold my breath a bit but didn't swear so not bad pain lol... just have to see if they help now
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-08-2019, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Is this your last chemo, Harvey? If so, you'll no doubt have a barrage of tests coming up which I truly hope shows that you are beating the bejeevers out of the invader

It's the last so far as I know but have a CT scan next week and an appointment with the consultant and then he'll tell me what the future is going to be. Like you say probably more tests and heaven knows what else

Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
This is her this afternoon with her gob stopper

Gob stoppers for dogs, made me smile

Originally Posted by griff View Post
Harvey... hope this is your last session and your markers are all down and the tumours have beggered off!
Injections weren't too bad,...........................left made me hold my breath a bit but didn't swear

Thanks Griffy, well done on not swearing must be hard but you don't want knee problems on top of other things do you.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2019, 08:47 PM
Awww Harvey, too late for that, both my knees are wrecked...the right one has troubled me from 11
I am keeping everything crossed that your ct scan shows huge improvements!!
Right knee is really painful now and I am regretting agreeing to try the injection again.... tomorrow is a new day and will be better I am sure!!