Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2007, 08:58 PM

My New Fence & Gate

I'm very proud of myself, I've been turning my hand to things I've never attempted before, being a bit strapped for cash I've had to make use of anything I can find.

At Snowdrop I have a porch which leads onto the front garden which has a five bar gate which leads directly onto the main road. This is a bit scary for me, although I have fenced it all off I worry about one of the dogs managing to get to the front porch without me being able to stop them and if, god forbid, anyone has left the big gate open, they would be straight on the road. I close the gate at all times, it is only opened to drive in and out of and only then once the dogs are in the car if they are coming with me, then it is closed behind me, this has been drummed into all my family and friends but you just never know.

Anyway, I made the fencing yesterday from some posts that were cut in half lengthways and the gate was made from an old pallet, I dug the posts in and concreted it all into the ground, then I attached the fencing and gate. I stained it all today, phew it took me a good couple of hours in the hot sun but I'm delighted with the results and its very sturdy.

I've also attached some photos of the view from the front door and of the front garden, I should think you've all seen just about all there is to see of Snowdrop Cottage now

Thanks for taking the time to look.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2007, 09:03 PM
OMG I can't believe you did that yourself. You should be extremely proud of yourself. I wouldn't know where to start! I just love Snowdrop cottage. I think its like everyones dream home xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-04-2007, 09:15 PM
Well done,the cottage is lovely I have a feeling you are going to be very happy there.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2007, 09:16 PM
Originally Posted by Berger View Post
OMG I can't believe you did that yourself. You should be extremely proud of yourself. I wouldn't know where to start! I just love Snowdrop cottage. I think its like everyones dream home xx
Thank you, my dad is coming back up on Monday to drop some more things off. I told him I had made a fence etc and I bet he has visions of something all lop-sided and that will fall down if one of the dogs just looks at it. He gave me words of encouragement but I bet he will be really pleased too when he sees it.

I've got the bug now, I'm itching to get started on something else, maybe I could build a garden shed, ha ha just kidding.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2007, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Well done,the cottage is lovely I have a feeling you are going to be very happy there.
Thanks Lynn, I really do love it here already, I am so looking forward to my first summer here, and my first christmas, I can't wait to experience the different seasons as the paddock has so many plants and trees I just know it will keep changing over the coming months.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Thank you, my dad is coming back up on Monday to drop some more things off. I told him I had made a fence etc and I bet he has visions of something all lop-sided and that will fall down if one of the dogs just looks at it. He gave me words of encouragement but I bet he will be really pleased too when he sees it.

I've got the bug now, I'm itching to get started on something else, maybe I could build a garden shed, ha ha just kidding.
You know I'll bet you could!
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2007, 09:21 PM
wow what a great job you have done. Any chance of bringing your wood and tools to my house. I could keep you busy all week
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2007, 09:27 PM
You can do anything you set your mind too the gate and fence is brilliant well done your Dad will be dead chuffed I am sure.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Women are like tea bags - if you want to see how strong they are, put them in hot water.
Not that you've really been in hot water Sheree, but it's a saying I love that means that women can just turn their hands to anything if really needed. Women are cool!
Fantastic job, BTW, and it fits in perfectly with the cottage.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Blimey Sheree, I'm impressed I normally get someone else to do stuff like that

Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Thanks Lynn, I really do love it here already, I am so looking forward to my first summer here, and my first christmas, I can't wait to experience the different seasons as the paddock has so many plants and trees I just know it will keep changing over the coming months.
That's one of the things I love about the paddocks here. Every spring/summer, they come to life
I'm sure you're gonna have many happy years at Snowdrop
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >