Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2021, 07:15 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 29th July, 2021

Good morning everyone very bright again this morning. Have a good day take it easy and stay safe and well. God bless

My DVLA Field Vision test has been changed to tomorrow at 2pm. I do so hope I will pass it. I long to drive my car again.Please send good vibes for me. Thanks.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2021, 08:27 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Fingers crossed for your test tomorrow Moyra.

Poor Dillon do hope the vet can come up with something to help him on Friday.

I agree vets who listens to the client are like gold. I had two when at the Kennels and when the first stopped listening and it became about money moved to the second. The vets I have here some listen but not all. The one I saw when Teazle wasn't well two years ago wouldn't listen when I said she had slowed down over the last couple of days and was told what do I expect at her age (10 years) and I said she was brewing something. That was on the Wednesday she was rushed in on the Saturday as an emergency with an open pyometra

Lovely morning here after rain early on. I was going to do a bit of weeding but Barry has gone out there to replace a rotten log roll round the edge of my little rockery so I am keeping well out of the way

Hope all are well. Stay safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-07-2021, 08:57 AM
Morning Moyra, Sue and all who follow.
Elaine uses the same vet practice as me I recommended them to her, she use to travel from Spalding to Downham Market they are so good but now only has to go to Kings Lynn which is nearer for her but to see Katherine who deals with Dillon's joints and Elaine's cat and Kacie who has spinal issues both of us will travel to either practice to see her her time is like gold dust.
We will see any other vet for anything else but the issues we have Katherine we wait for or bend over backwards to get her to see them.

Chris thanks for that info about the Tramadol I have a feeling like us it will be sticking to the Librela for a couple of months but at some point Tramadol might have it's uses. 18 months would take Dillon to 11'5 years old which would be amazing if he could get there and had a good quality of life still.
I won't rule the Tramadol out though if mentioned. That's helped me make a more informed decision about it if needed at any point.

We got a better night last night from around 10.15 pm to 10 to 5 this morning with no disturbed sleep which is great, he had two Melatonin last night seems he needs the extra tablet, plus it was cooler we didn't need the fans last night either.

Moyra good luck for tomorrow everything crossed for you.
Sue we know our dogs don't we that's what so good about our vet practice and the vets there.

Stay safe everyone.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2021, 10:46 AM
Thanks Lynn, hope Dillon goes on all right. You certainly have done everything possible for him, bless his not so little heart. I wish Amber was still around but she was in a very poor state when I eventually agreed she could not go on like it. I still miss her and my labradors before her.

Take care dear lovely Dillon we want you to reach a marathon age. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-07-2021, 11:22 AM
Thanks Moyra. He is almost at a marathon age for his breed. 10 beginning of November and the Swiss saying is. 3 years a young dog, 3 years a good dog, 3 years an old dog and anything else is a blessing.
So everything crossed he gets to double digits.

So missed when they leave us all of them for their unique and funny qualities.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2021, 11:42 AM
Morning all
I agree Lynn...no 2 dogs are the same, sometimes they have similar traits but no 2 are the same
Lovely sunshine here today.....I made an error, I thought Steve was off for 6 days... it's not, it's about 2 1/2 weeks lol. I am drawing up my list of jobs as we speak!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2021, 03:01 PM
Good afternoon all.

Quite breezy this morning, but dry so all is good with the World.

If good wishes and positive thoughts have their way Lynn, Dillon will break all the age records and will still have a decent quality of life along the way xx