Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2019, 05:53 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, 8th August, 2019

Good Morning everyone, bit overcast here this morning, got stacks of washing to do, it will need doing in two loads. I must go and sort it out in a minute before I take Amber out.
I trust you and your four legged friends are all in fine fettle, have a good day, stay warm and dry and above all things keep safe and well. God bless.

Harvey and Griff hope you are both doing well today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2019, 06:40 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

Pleased Gary is now happy once again Chris

Hope both you Griff and Harvey are better today

Lovely morning here. Have a friend coming this afternoon so looking forward to a good chat

Hve a good day and stay safe
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2019, 06:49 AM
Morning all
Moyra...fancy doing my washing for me??
Sue, have a nice afternoon with your friend
I am o.k today thanks, just tummy pains and tired, hopefully be better by tonight.
I too hope Harvey is doing o.k...his treatment is much stronger than mine
Off to see my friend today, hopefully the weather is nice so we can sit outside
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2019, 07:25 AM
Griff, I'd gladly do your washing its the drying bit I cannot stand or the ironing. I hope you feel better soon. Harvey too.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-08-2019, 07:34 AM
Another wind tunnel day so it seems. Put two women together and itis non stop. One bunnying away is bad enough but getting it in stereo is enough to drive a poor bloke to the pub.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2019, 01:59 PM
Good afternoon all.

Another lovely morning here.

My microwave nearly exploded last night. As it was it filled the kitchen with smoke so out it went. Got a new one today, a new-fangled thing that grills, cooks and microwaves. I only wanted a straightforward microwave, but with a stainless steel interior like my old one, but alas, these combination things were the only ones I could find with the stainless steel interiors.

The first one we tried to buy was reduced to £99. Perfect. Got to the til, and it rang up at £189. After a caffuffle, the excuse was it had the wrong ticket on it despite it being the right model on it. Ah, well. Found another at £129 so bought that one instead. I'll never use the grill or convention oven on it, but it does have my favoured stainless interior. I've always found the enamel ones start to go rusty after 12 months or so.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2019, 03:37 PM
Chris, I have an all dancing, singing multi type oven and microwave and it is over the years my third one, wouldn't be without it now. Mine is stainless steel interior and is cost me £179. You have to be careful though when using convection oven never put anything from the freezer directly onto the glass turntable use the metal tray that comes with it. or into its own glass oven dish on the metal rack usually provided.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2019, 05:22 PM
I have combination microwave and boy do I love it hardly use the oven at all in fact not used main for over a year now. rarely in fact rarely use the microwave function.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2019, 05:23 PM
Been to work really enjoyed it.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2019, 06:33 PM
To be honest, I think it'll only ever be used as a microwave. Apart from Pizzas (for hubby, I hate 'em), the oven is rarely used anyway.

I have an air fryer which is used far more than the oven. The microwave is more for warming stuff up and jacket spuds when I want one.

If I could have got another like my old one (just a microwave with stainless steel insides) I would have jumped at it. A cheap and cheerful Logik that lasted 11 years. If this one does as well, I'll be happy
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >