Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2019, 05:39 AM

Daily Thread, Sunday. 28th July, 2019.

Good morning everyone got to be out with Amber early as a have a delivery sometime between 7 and 10 am. Had a problem last night cooking some pies in my new microwave when I opened the door to see if they were cooked the glass turntable had broken into four pieces. So I contacted Argus to see if I could get a new glass turntable and they said no they would have to replace the lot and there was me thinking I would have to pay £20+ for a replacement glass when they are going to exchange the whole oven. So Amber's eating her breakfast and then I will get her out for her walk while I can.

Not looking very nice out there but at least it is comfortable. I trust you are all well and your four legged friends too.
Have a good day, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2019, 07:02 AM
Morning Moyra
I would expect them to replace the microwave if it's within 12 months...sometimes products come with an extra year free if you register
Cool day here today, I have had an earache for 3 days and the pain is radiating up to the top of my head and down into my throat, was contemplating the walk-in centre but it's Sunday so it will be mental and I don't want to sit down there for hours with the germs, will get a hot water bottle and put that against it I think
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-07-2019, 07:27 AM
Morning Moyra, griff and all who follow.

Wet but cooler here and the gardens are loving all the rain.

I would agree about the whole microwave being replaced good on Argos.

Hope you feel better soon griff earache and toothache two of the worst pains and sore throats.

I do believe the guy next door is still working so that would be why he is driving. As for what will happen to his dogs no idea. First time yesterday when dropping his parcel round he told me it was bone cancer and he will not be getting better and that he has his medication a month in advance to ensure he doesn't run out.
He is divorced I think so maybe his wife will take the dogs or children if he has any. Maybe he has one of these things in place like dogs trust who care for the dog if needed.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2019, 07:44 AM
Lynn, yes.. you are probably right, I am sure he will have made arrangements, mine stay with mum and dad and Molly is supposed to come to me if anything happens to Steve but he hasn't put anything in writing so not sure that would happen
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2019, 08:23 AM
That's nice to know that you have an understanding with Steve that should anything happen to him, you will take on Molly.

That poor chap next door Lynn what sort of age group is he? I am sure he will have made arrangements of some sort for the dogs.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2019, 08:56 AM
Steve has nobody else Moyra... well his sister but she has a dog and 4 kids...3 of which are autistic so Steve said he didn't want Molly to go there, I have made it plain that even when we don't speak she always has a home with me
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2019, 09:11 AM
That's good Griff.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-07-2019, 09:30 AM
Not sure Moyr maybe in his mid to late 50's certainly no older than Gorden and myself I wouldn't think.

No idea what would happen to Dillon now as his breeder has moved to France really must ask her what the situation would be. Neither of the boys can take him.
I do know Beth has always said they would never see him in kennels but he isn't keen on the rambunctiousness of their two labs. Betty and Bunn plus all his health issues now well his joint issues he is a money nightmare.
We will have to pop something in the will we have to update it anyway.
I honestly think he is getting to the stage we always had with Ollie he would be better being put to sleep he needs so much attention in every way has been spoilt and I'm not sure he would cope.
Only other thing would be if a Bernese owning friend would take him but to be honest so many of us have elderly dogs now and all with their own problems health wise it might not be a possibility.
Anyway hoping it won't come to that and that we will outlive him.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2019, 10:52 AM
I know how you feel Lynne at 74 and poor health myself I worry about Amber, she has lots of fatty lumps and I think in all honesty if anything happened to me before she gets much older I think I would want her cremated and our ashes mixed together to be disposed off in our favourite walking places. She fret so badly when I was in hospital that I do not think I could put her through that again.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-07-2019, 11:00 AM
Horrible to have to think about Moyra but we have to don't we.
I think it's maybe easier to make that decision when your pet is no longer a young dog.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >