Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 07:10 AM

South Coast Dogsey Walk?

After our walk last November, we said we'd try to get together again when the bluebells are out in the Angmering Park Estate. The bluebell foliage is now about 5" high (no sign of flowers yet) so I reckon by end of April/beg of May, they should be out in force.

Does anyone fancy a walk around then? It's a really beautiful sight to see ~ a complete carpet of blue under the beech trees & the scent is overwhelming. Def worth a visit!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 10:07 AM
Hi depending when it is and where - we could be up for it - the setters definitely will be!
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Hi depending when it is and where - we could be up for it - the setters definitely will be!
Hi ~ the Angmering Park Estate is just off the A27 between Worthing & Arundel (at the end of Dover Lane). I'm quite flexible on dates & times so let's see whether anyone else is interested?

BTW did you used to take your setters to Gill's classes in Worthing or Shoreham? If you are who I think you are, then I was one of Gill's assistants. I remember your beautiful & very well behaved setters
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 07:01 PM
OOH yes please!! We'd love to do another walk. Im sure Claire will be up for it too. And hopefully, those that couldnt make the last one will be able to make it this time. Best tell your mum to start baking!!
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 06:35 AM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
OOH yes please!! We'd love to do another walk. Im sure Claire will be up for it too. And hopefully, those that couldnt make the last one will be able to make it this time. Best tell your mum to start baking!!
Yes I've put her on notice for cakes

We just need to know who wants to come & work out a date that suits as many as poss. We've got several bank holidays coming up late April/early May, plus the extra Royal Wedding day. So hopefully we should find a date that everyone can make. I just want to make sure the bluebells are out ~ having told everyone how lovely it is, I don't want to pre-empt the bluebells & show everyone lots of green shoots!!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
Hi ~ the Angmering Park Estate is just off the A27 between Worthing & Arundel (at the end of Dover Lane). I'm quite flexible on dates & times so let's see whether anyone else is interested?

BTW did you used to take your setters to Gill's classes in Worthing or Shoreham? If you are who I think you are, then I was one of Gill's assistants. I remember your beautiful & very well behaved setters
I surely did - wow - hello!!! I still have Maxy and Charlie - not sure Charlie can be described as well behaved ha ha !

Hamish went to live with my mum after she lost her staffy.

I'm sure I know it or will find it
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
I surely did - wow - hello!!! I still have Maxy and Charlie - not sure Charlie can be described as well behaved ha ha !

Hamish went to live with my mum after she lost her staffy.

I'm sure I know it or will find it
I remember Maxy & Charlie ~ lovely dogs ~ & you were always held out as a great example to other owners on how the training should be done

It would be lovely to see you & your dogs again so I hope you can make the walk.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 10:56 AM
I`ll be at Helena`s holiday home on April 12 & 13 (near Hastings) if anyone fancies popping in for tea.....
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 11:22 AM
My 2 are being spayed/neutered sometime the week of the 18th April, so early May would be better for me if that's possible. If not, then Gerri had better bring me some of your mum's lovely cake back!

Aw Claire, if I wasn't working then I'd have loved to come up and say hi!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-03-2011, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
I remember Maxy & Charlie ~ lovely dogs ~ & you were always held out as a great example to other owners on how the training should be done

It would be lovely to see you & your dogs again so I hope you can make the walk.
oh you have made me blush - thank you - hope I can make it !
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >