View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-06-2011, 12:16 AM

It's me or the dog ? (no not the tv show)

Has a partner ever really said that to you.?
Jenn~n~Luke
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-06-2011, 12:18 AM
No, and I sure hope they wouldn't be stupid enough to try it. I'd' choose Luke over anyone anyday lol.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 01:17 AM
I think anyone who said that to me wouldn't like the answer
Tidusd
New Member!
Female 

03-06-2011, 02:06 AM
Yes, that was said to me by my husband about one of my dogs who was rescued from a council kennels and admittedly he was very problematic, but I loved Eddie( the greyhound) dearly, he had a horrific life, terrified of people, emaciated, mangy, pressure sores deep and bleeding. I chose the dog,he was my responsibility. its easy to get another husband, but difficult to get a dog that you connect with so well. We are no longer married, and we divorced because of that. I don't regret that decision.
If you agree to a partner about this and rehome the dog, or even worse in some cases, euthanize as mines tried to make me do I think you'd resent them and the relationship would end anyway. So anybody that said this wouldn't be the person you thought you had married or entered into a relationship with. We are doggy people, we don't give in to blackmail like that, our dogs are our kids. Eddie lived for long time, he was a sad, sad boy when I met him but he had a happy life afterwards. I'll miss him forever.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 02:57 AM
Originally Posted by Tidusd View Post
Yes, that was said to me by my husband about one of my dogs who was rescued from a council kennels and admittedly he was very problematic, but I loved Eddie( the greyhound) dearly, he had a horrific life, terrified of people, emaciated, mangy, pressure sores deep and bleeding. I chose the dog,he was my responsibility. its easy to get another husband, but difficult to get a dog that you connect with so well. We are no longer married, and we divorced because of that. I don't regret that decision.
If you agree to a partner about this and rehome the dog, or even worse in some cases, euthanize as mines tried to make me do I think you'd resent them and the relationship would end anyway. So anybody that said this wouldn't be the person you thought you had married or entered into a relationship with. We are doggy people, we don't give in to blackmail like that, our dogs are our kids. Eddie lived for long time, he was a sad, sad boy when I met him but he had a happy life afterwards. I'll miss him forever.
Good post!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 06:14 AM
Yes by my ex husband.

My BC Toby.......was taken and PTS whilst I was at work by HIM.

I came home to find him gone
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-06-2011, 06:32 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Yes by my ex husband.

My BC Toby.......was taken and PTS whilst I was at work by HIM.

I came home to find him gone
That is shocking ..
Glad he is an ex..
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 06:50 AM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
That is shocking ..
Glad he is an ex..
It was and something that never leaves you. It was done out of spite after a row.

Lets hope no-one else ever has such a trauma in thier lives eh!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2011, 07:45 AM
No. I doubt if I`d go out with anyone that stupid.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-06-2011, 07:55 AM
My OH says it at least once a week and the response is always the same, "you know where the front door is". To be fair he works nights and tries to sleep during the daytime but we've had builders in next door for the past couple of months and with no end in sight so the dogs have been a tad more vocal of late.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »