register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Which food do you feed?
Purina Pro Plan 2 1.27%
Pedigree Professional 0 0%
James Wellbeloved 21 13.38%
Arden Grange 18 11.46%
Orijen 15 9.55%
other 114 72.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Mine are raw fed but before that had Arden Grange and before that Burns.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2011, 07:17 PM
I live in the USA so our choices are somewhat different. Many of those brands aren't sold here.

I feed a dry kibble called Taste of the Wild. It's grain-free and high quality. Because my dog has issues with chicken, I have a limited number of foods to choose from. TOTW offers two formulas (one fish-based and one lamb-based) that have not chicken and I switch between the two.

In addition to that, her evening meal also consists of a 1/3 of a can of food. Those are all high quality, from TOTW to Blue Buffalo to Merrick and others they sell here that are really great. Sometimes we make her her own topper with beef, potatoes, and carrots. Sometimes we just give her some of what we're going to be eating (plain ground beef or turkey, a bit of salmon, etc.). I think she eats pretty darned well!
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Orijen and 'other' for me here.

I also feed raw but do like to keep dry food on hand and keep Kiba used to it so that if I go out for the day or weekend I don't have to lug raw meat around with me

In the past I have used Royal Canin (maxi junior and maxi adult) but wanted to get him on to a food with better quality ingredients in it.

I personally like Orijen and the fact that it's grain free and doesn't have a lot of the fillers that are in other commercial pet foods. However, Kiba wasn't massively impressed with it and it was a trial to get him to eat it sometimes. I ended up having to add gravy to it and that's just not healthy so I've now ordered some Taste of the Wild to see how that goes down as it's another very good looking food so far as the ingredients list goes!
mandyB
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Voted other. Two of mine are on Skinners Field & Trail Maintenance, which I alternate with Skinners F&T Duck and Rice. They also have 1 meal of raw mince each day.

My other dog can't tolerate any dry food and doesn't like raw so eats Wainwrights or Forthglade Trays of wet food.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2011, 09:19 PM
CSJ & pleased, 3 on Champ, one on CP21 & one on C24.
Mixed with Rocco wet food & Yumega oil
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2011, 09:36 PM
Skinners -- rotating between duck, salmon & chicken. Why? because it is good value for money, good quality, a British company with great customer service & my dogs do well on it.
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2011, 11:21 PM
Taste of the Wild
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Raw didnt suit ours!

Katie is now on Renal K/D

Harvey is on Wainwrights Chicken dry - its as good a holistic food as any of the others & very reasonable. He also occassionally gets their trays - wet food
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 08:04 AM
Orijen and other here too, both on RC when they came from the breeder but when we went to buy more after we'd had Griffin about a month I actually looked properly at what's in it we changed to Orijen for the higher meat content among other things, I've just bought some taste of the wild though as the ingredients also look good to me and they've had a little bit and seem to like it.
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-01-2011, 09:34 AM
Voted other,
Dutch has Wainwrights Turkey and Rice
He was previously on Bakers Complete when he came from the breeder, but changed that straight away.
Saw a difference almost immediently and Dutch LOVES it.
Paws and thumbs up here
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »