View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SibeLuver03
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-03-2005, 08:07 PM

I just feel so good! I rescued two dogs from the road!

I am feelings so proud and good. Yesterday I was with Nick in a fairly big city, shopping. We were stopped at a music store, which is located in a neighborhood. Nick went inside and I decided to wait in the car. I was just looking around when I saw two adorable dogs in the yard next door. They were fenced in, but were barking like crazy. I just decided to ignore it.

But then I almost had a heartattack when I saw the adult dog, a large terrier type dog, pushing on the gate of the fence. It was obviously not shut properly because he bumped it right open. I rolled down my winder and started to talk to him. He just didn't know what to do! But he decided against going to see me, instead he started to run to the busy road!

I was wondering what I should do, but I didn't even have time to think when the young Golden puppy ran out the fence and after the older dog! By this time the owner discovered they were missing and I could hear her yelling at them from inside her house. ()

I still didn't know what I should do, so I waited for Nick to come back. He did about a minute later and I told him what happened. By this time I didn't see the dogs, but I knew which way they went. Nick must have seen how anxious I was because he started the car and took off in the direction of the dogs. We found them rooting around in an Arbies fast food parking lot. I opened my door and called out their names (I heard the woman screaming their names, hehehe). They came right to me! So I picked up the puppy and put her into the backseat of the car. The older dog then just jumped into the car himself. We had them!

I told Nick which house they belonged to, so we went back. We parked the car and left the dogs in the car so we could go knock on the door of the house. But before we even got up the yard the woman was already out in her car driving around the neighborhood calling for her dogs. Nick and I waved our arms at her and got her attention.

I told her I watched her dogs escape and so we followed them and brought them back. She was soooooo happy, she couldn't stop thanking us. I explained to her how the dogs got out, so before we got her dogs out of Nick's car, she went and shut the gate for good. Then Nick and I walked them to her front door and let them inside.

I feel so happy! The woman was glad they were back. Maybe one day if Kieron and Houdini get loose someone will return the favor to me and bring my babies home!

-Tara
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2005, 08:09 PM
Aww what a great ending , could have been awful , well done tara
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-03-2005, 08:22 PM
Well done Tara that is fantastic, thank goodness you were there
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-03-2005, 09:07 PM
Your a saviour! Well done!
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2005, 09:16 PM
WEll done Tara
Mr.Spock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2005, 10:02 PM
Great job Tara!! After I changed my locks they don't catch right on the front door and while I was sleeping the front door blew open (this is how I found out they don't catch properly)...2 of the dogs went running, 2 sat in the middle of the living room. My neighbor's chased after them for me and brought them home. It's always a blessing when someone is willing to help!
Diane
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-03-2005, 10:08 PM
well done Tara
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2005, 07:54 PM
:smt038 :smt038 :smt038 well done tara
Carole
Supervisor